Beginner Problem with BUL

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by MaKalom, Feb 22, 2009.

Feb 22, 2009

Beginner Problem with BUL by MaKalom at 4:48 PM (621 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. MaKalom
    OP

Newcomer MaKalom Newbie

United States
    Hey there,

I am new to this forum, to this subject and to the wii in general. I have a new one, which has FW 3.3E on it.
    Yesterday I made it and could install the HBC, using an Easy Installer Packager. I tried to play the two backups
    I have, but it did not work - so I tried to install an ios, using the cIOS Installer I found in the HBC. This one connected
    to the internet and loaded a ios file and installed it - I did not understand why, because I put the IOS_rev7 file in the
    root of the SD Card.

Well, now, one of my two backups are working. The other one "house of the dead 2&3" works partially as mentioned
    on this site in the wiki for BUL, but I have BUL v3 gamma. Part 3 of the game works, part 2 does not. What is the
    problem here? I really dont understand, what to do. I've read something about the ios patcher, but it's so confusing.

Could you please give me a hint? I would also be interested in knowing how to install another cIOS - because everytime
    I start the cIOS Installer out of the homebrew channel, it tries to download the same file.

Hope you can help me!

Thanks a lot!

2. computerboy

Member computerboy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Switzerland
    You only need to install 1 cios and it's rev7 (the latest one)

3. MaKalom
    OP

Newcomer MaKalom Newbie

United States

Ok, I see. But how do I know which cIOS was installed through the internet
    and how can I update it?

The question is: With the cIOS Installer in the HBC, I can't choose a special
    file for the installation, because it downloads one from the internet.

4. computerboy

Member computerboy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Switzerland
    Get the cios which is in wiigators Backup Laucher Gamma pack on his GBATemp blog

5. MaKalom
    OP

Newcomer MaKalom Newbie

United States
    I already have the file called cIOS36_rev7-Installer.dol and put it on my SD Card. But what now?
    When I go into the HBC, I have the so-called cIOS-Installer. When I start that one, it tries to download
    a file, but does not use the cIOS36_rev7-Installer.dol I had put onto the card!
    Where can I choose the file?

And, is it a problem, that I already have a cIOS installed? Do I have to uninstall it first or
    will there be any problems?

6. WiiMonkey

Member WiiMonkey GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    you need the file in this folder on sd card

SD ROOT\app\cMIOS Installer rev 7\boot.dol then HBC will find it and it will install