BBM glitch

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Dotmore, Jul 11, 2015.

1. Dotmore
    OP

Dotmore GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Ive installed the cia of BBM, but on my menu, i have the Title manager, and a black box, with the game ''Steeldiver Sub Wars. In the bottom when i got that file highlighted are alot of ?????'s. I don't have the guts to open it, but what is it? How do I get rid of it?

Also, how do i remove CIA's? I have no idea with file in the BBM menu is which CIA.

2. Dotmore
    OP

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    another creepy thing, when i go to Game notes ( the little pen) my clock is flipping?

3. gunner007

gunner007 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    Sounds like you installed some CIA. BBM is only Title Manager and comes with nothing else.

To delete CIA's, just open BBM, and in the first tab is the list of all titles. You will need to know the Title ID of the CIA you wish to delete.
    ex. CTR-ATXP (you can find these on many release sites or simple google search)

Just highlight the title you wish to delete, press X and then A to confirm.

4. JJTapia19

JJTapia19 I fight for my friends.

May 31, 2015
    Puerto Rico
    Be really carefull not to delete a system title! On the top of the top screen it will tell you what type of cia is the one you are selecting. Only delete the application, patch or dlc type ones or you can brick. Also try entering data managment on the system settings to see if you can delete from there the black box app.

5. Dotmore
    OP

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    The blackbox app is on all my NANDS, System Emu and Rx. The problem is, i want to get rid of that, and a GBA game i tried to make, which has a corrupt save. I don't think i have any way of discovering which CIA that is.. :/

6. JJTapia19

May 31, 2015
    Puerto Rico
    Enter sysnand or emunand on rx mode and then go to system settings data management and software. There it will display all the installed apps (cias) and the icon you see on the menu. Select them and delete them from there. If your nands are linked dont enter data managment on sysnand only on rxmode sysnand or emunand rxmode.

7. Dotmore
    OP

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands

I didnt even know there was a Rxmode Sysnand. But my nands are linked. So i go to RX emunand, then systemsettings, data management?

8. JJTapia19

May 31, 2015
    Puerto Rico
    Yes don't enter on sysnand.Only in emunand. And yes there's a rx mode sysnand but only if emunand is not found.

9. Dotmore
    OP

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Ok, Datamanager is wonderful. However, i removed Titlemanager CIA from it, and when i did, the black box Cia (with the title Steeldiver Sub wars) got removed too. So they must be related

Edit: its still there... Sigh

10. JJTapia19

May 31, 2015
    Puerto Rico
    Thats weird. Try uninstalling any weird cia you don't recognize using big blue menu. Be carefull doing this again! Uninstalling a system type cia can brick your system. Only uninstall applications untill you delete the black box one. Good luck and be carefull.

11. Dotmore
    OP

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Yeah, i've only deleted files from Data management, so that should be OK. I now removed the BBM.cia from my SD entirely, and the blackbox is gone too now.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Still weird though, and like i said, i don't have the guts clicking on it :P

12. JJTapia19

May 31, 2015
    Puerto Rico
    I always try to use the data management app too to remove apps and updates. Just remember if your nands are linked and you enter data managment from sysnand without rxmode it will delete all of your cias so always check that you are on emunand first.:yay: