United States
Suggestion:

New BBCode:

Code:
[imgs][/imgs]

It would allow a user to post multiple images at a time without have to use

Code:
[img][/img]

on every single image. Yay, or Nay? It would be pretty handy.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Don't think it would be worth all the custom coding needed to get this done for how infrequently it would (and SHOULD) be used here:
Forum rules said:
  • When replying to a topic, don't; unless you have something meaningful to say or something that will contribute to the discussion. Posts such as "Yes", "I agree", "LOL", "When will it be dumped?" or "When will it be translated?"; and nothing but images/emoticons or internet memes are useless and are wasteful on the servers. This is not GameFAQs or 4chan!

But as an example of how things work:
Code:
[img]www.imagehost.com/youracct/funnypic1.jpg[/img]
It would take the URL and resolve it as an image.

What you want is this: CODE[imgs]www.imagehost.com/youracct/funnypic1.jpg; www.imagehost.com/youracct/funnypic2.jpg[/imgs]
But "www.imagehost.com/youracct/funnypic1.jpg; www.imagehost.com/youracct/funnypic2.jpg" isn't valid and can't be resolved, so you'd need to add custom code that takes the text between the blocks, breaks it every time it encounters a ";" and then runs down the line resolving each URL.
Sounds like an awful lot of trouble and bugfixing to deal with just to have an "easier" way to post multiple images... especially when many image hosting sites give you an option to copy the URL wrapped BB Formatting code.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well, maybe. I'm usually fine with multiple IMG tags though.
twiztidsinz: There are tags here that are useful even if they go relatively unused.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Argentum Vir said:
twiztidsinz said:
ProtoKun7 said:
twiztidsinz: There are tags here that are useful even if they go relatively unused.
But were they custom coded and reproduce an already existing feature?
I think the GBAtemp tv is an example.
If you mean the [.tv] tag, that's different.
While it may be similar to the [.youtube] tag, it's not the same as the videos aren't on youtube but on GBAtemp. It could be as simple as copying the [.youtube] tag to [.tv] and changing the player URL.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: At least someone other than myself thought it was funny :rofl: +1