minjeeta

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.djjustjones.co.uk
XP
Country
With the immanent release of a channel for the bbc iplayer, probably due to that site not working with the latest wii opera browser.
Will it just be the old browser with a new banner and default home page? If so could it be altered with wad tools to make others for youtube or eBay for example?
I really hope so, looking forward to its release anyway as thats why I use the wii browser just for listening back to Gilles Peterson and the Craig Charles shows....M

minjeeta

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.djjustjones.co.uk
XP
Country
Thanks for your reply eldi but you kind of missed the point.
I am aware what it is hence the topic, I'm speculating about how its made and its future possibilities. From a financial point of view devloping a wholy new means of accessing there content or licencing one that already works and tweking it seems much more cost effective. The old wii browser displayed iplayer perfectly so it might be the basis of the new channel. And if so could we tinker with it?

Regards ...M

Ossot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ya idiot. He wants completely blind speculation that no one could possibly have any real insight on at all.

I think they're going to make it from Firefox 3.6.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
FAIL!

PS3 has had this for sometime now and its built into the XMB!
tongue.gif

95ps3_blog_01_600.jpg

just thought I would say that lol
smile.gif

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
lol ya they shudnt add old featres from other consolas bcuz wuts the point??? shud only b ading nu featres by nao. thts y only nes has dpad nd only n64 has stick nd only wii has motion, bcuz other consolas hving the same featres is pointles!!!!!

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Vague Rant said:
lol ya they shudnt add old featres from other consolas bcuz wuts the point??? shud only b ading nu featres by nao. thts y only nes has dpad nd only n64 has stick nd only wii has motion, bcuz other consolas hving the same featres is pointles!!!!!

LMAO, nice play
smile.gif

p.s. ignore this... im not a hypocrite mod...
ninja.gif

wildfire95

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
More info -
Its being released on November the 18th, free of charge from the Wii Shopping Channel. People should make sure there broadband is up to the job before going for it though, since it will use quite a bit of bandwith - although the BBC iPlayer team have worked consistantly to minimise this issue.

Screenshots -
_46723055_channel_schedule.jpg

bbciplayer02.jpg

bbc_340x291.jpg

I know im going to get it
wink.gif

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
kobykaan said:
FAIL!

tongue.gif

95ps3_blog_01_600.jpg

smile.gif

I loaded that up and it appeared to just be a link that took me to the large iPlayer site via the PS3's web browser.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jamstruth said:
kobykaan said:
FAIL!

tongue.gif

95ps3_blog_01_600.jpg

smile.gif

I loaded that up and it appeared to just be a link that took me to the large iPlayer site via the PS3's web browser.

No doubt it will be the same with the Wii version its just made with chunky buttons and navigation is by the controllers
smile.gif

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
kobykaan said:
Jamstruth said:
kobykaan said:
FAIL!

tongue.gif

95ps3_blog_01_600.jpg

smile.gif

No doubt it will be the same with the Wii version its just made with chunky buttons and navigation is by the controllers
smile.gif

I'm sure I saw it mentioned that its proper new software and that iPlayer doesn't work with the current Opera Browser... Correct me if I'm wrong anyway.

propered

Trophies
XP
Country
well in the second version of the opera browser they conveniently disabled bbc iplayer (of course for this release - make it an occasion and event)

I just went back to version 1 of opera-browser then it worked again.....!! if it nothing other than a channel with nothing special than il stick to opera browser version 1

MarioMadness

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
well its 12:13AM on tha 18th haha, lets see when it pops up lol

edit -- it appeared on the Shop at about 12:30, its really actually worth the download, it plays in full screen unlike having to zoom and faff about trying to make it fill the screen

also i changed my video mode to NTSC with ARC to get better picture quality, but this results in iPlayer simply black screening, so the channel obviously has no NTSC output mode, maybe this can be changed?

anyway i've dumped it to a 12Mb .wad if anyone from outside the UK would care to take a look at it let me know

minjeeta

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.djjustjones.co.uk
XP
Country
yay I fully agree MarioMadness. way better than I expected. Get it now if your in uk.

ps. I had to use nus to get v18 of the shop channel first and instal that. When did the shop get an update since 4.2?
..M

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM