Homebrew BBC iPLAYER

broksonic

Trophies
XP
Country
crezwell said:
madtamski said:
I just bit the bullet and installed it from the shop channel.

I did have to delete my old shop account (USA one for RB DLC), by first setting my shop region back to USA, and then setting my shop region back to UK.

Had a wee look at it and am impressed!
I swapped to usa shop too for rb2 dlc, i didnt think you could keep swapping and changing tho, i thought once was the limit? Can you confirm you went back to uk shop, got iplayer, and then went back to usa shop again. i dont want to go back to uk shop just for iplayer and then be stuck there.

Could you tell me how you changed your region from pal to ntsc please .

D

Deleted-119707

im on a 4.1 E wii, with hbc installed and everything. i want to update to 4.2 so i can access the shop and download the bbc iplayer channel. whats the best way to update? ive read guides but im not sure which steps i would have to take.
do i get the ios70.wad, install it, then use TBR...
or do just find the .wabbc iplayerd and install it? just like any other channel.

thanks.
-nicky.

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
stupid channel, no luck on getting a stupid working dump, no luck on getting a stupid UK proxy working
hate2.gif

STUPID

crezwell

Trophies
XP
Country
broksonic said:
crezwell said:
madtamski said:

I did have to delete my old shop account (USA one for RB DLC), by first setting my shop region back to USA, and then setting my shop region back to UK.

I swapped to usa shop too for rb2 dlc, i didnt think you could keep swapping and changing tho, i thought once was the limit? Can you confirm you went back to uk shop, got iplayer, and then went back to usa shop again. i dont want to go back to uk shop just for iplayer and then be stuck there.

Could you tell me how you changed your region from pal to ntsc please .
Follow RadioShadow's steps on this thread, obviously choose the Country Code for USA and not 01 for japan tho!!
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=133541

Reading further on in the thread it looks like you can change multiple times so im going to give it a go and go back to uk for iplayer and then back to usa again

@nicky041192 - You can use WiiScu to just update the Shop Channel, or any other channel for that matter. So you can stay on any Sys Menu and still access the latest shop channel. i was on 3.2e until recently using this to update my Shop.

Im softmodding the bro-in-laws wii so took the chance to get iplayer for his and have a nose, its pretty good i must say

edit - just read this on the any region changer wiibrew page:
Important Warning

The latest update to the shop channel BREAKS SHOP COUNTRY REGION CHANGING! Be warned that your Wii may be stuck in a certain region for the shop for the time being.

Guess ill stay on usa then cus id want to move straight back after getting iplayer. ah well, wait for a working wad i guess....

eldi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
nicky041192 said:
im on a 4.1 E wii, with hbc installed and everything. i want to update to 4.2 so i can access the shop and download the bbc iplayer channel. whats the best way to update? ive read guides but im not sure which steps i would have to take.
do i get the ios70.wad, install it, then use TBR...
or do just find the .wabbc iplayerd and install it? just like any other channel.

thanks.
-nicky.

You dont need to update to 4.2 to get the shop working - just update the shop to v18 and get latest IOS61 and you can get back into the shop and download the iplayer

madtamski

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
crezwell said:
madtamski said:

Sorry bud, but I didn't bother changing back to the USA shop region.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    the internet
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Time to just download more ram
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah search Google
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me when I stick a flash drive into it.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish we could have 1Gbps external storage by now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like for micro
  • Veho @ Veho:
    New Myoo.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Yooo noice
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Looks like a Famicom handheld
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, they were going for that.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not very good though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm watching the review, the emulators it uses suck bawls.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Software update might improve it.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Or maybe someone will make like Emulation Station for it or something?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That counts as a software update :tpi:
    +1
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Ello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can think of the design teams process another joystick and no audio or a joystick and mono audio
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "You think we can just put the speakers at the top
    ?" "NO!"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pft stereo speakers you're fired
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pft stereo speakers you're fired +1