Gaming BBC Iplayer NTSC Wii

ballboff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ratmando said:
I have an NTSC Wii but am in the UK.

Can I install the BBC Iplayer on my Wii?

If so...how?

Cheers.

Mmmm... I doubt it actually. You have to download it from the shop channel, can you see it in the shop channel? I don't know how the shop channel works, if it's location based it will look at your ip address and work out you're from the uk and let you through. However if it looks at your version of the shop channel and works it out from that, it will think that because you're using the ntsc version of the shop channel that you're not from this country.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are WADS out there of the iPlayer (dont ask where), got it myself as I still can't be arsed to safe update. Once you have grabbed it all you'd have to do is "freethewads" it I guess.

lolsjoel

Trophies
Website
www.0RANGECHiCKEN.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
You could use AnyRegionChanger to change your Shop Channel to the UK store to download it directly from Nintendo (I assume it's free). Then you can use ARC again to change back to your native store.

Ratmando

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ballboff said:
Ratmando said:
I have an NTSC Wii but am in the UK.

Can I install the BBC Iplayer on my Wii?

If so...how?

Cheers.

Mmmm... I doubt it actually. You have to download it from the shop channel, can you see it in the shop channel? I don't know how the shop channel works, if it's location based it will look at your ip address and work out you're from the uk and let you through. However if it looks at your version of the shop channel and works it out from that, it will think that because you're using the ntsc version of the shop channel that you're not from this country.

I've never been on the shop channel in all the years I've had my Wii. I will go on it and see if I get the US or UK version, even if its just out of interest.

Does going on the Wii Shop require the latest firmware? I don't want to go up to 4.2.

propered

Trophies
XP
Country
I think for you it is worth just looking for a BBCiPlayer.wad ...since your in UK it should be fine for you rather than change shop firmware etc....and esp since 4.2 you need to do it safely...

anyway you don't HAVE to update to 4.2 to get latest shop although i think v18 is region specific so I'm not sure about changing back after !? its all still early doors

in ARCmod5 it was easy enough to change shop region but with 4.2 not sure of all the intricacies

safeupdater 4.2 updated my shop only to v17 and it worked fine ???

so please decide well

i just say look for the wad...it may have already been 'signed' or it may need to be which is a simple drag and drop

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram plebs lol