Hardware Battery/rapid discharge problem - how to fix it?

wiewiec

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It is my as I think first post at Vita section of this forums :)

I am asking for help for my problems - I tested probably almost all fixing method that I discovered.

My sugestion, I also asked on another forum.

Hi, sorry guys for posting here, but I am fighting with my problem for long time. My problem is with strange battery draining and strange is also that it drains battery even if it is turned off. So after stanby drain (it drains for 3 hours of stanby time no wifi/3g etc - airplane mode). After that Vita refused to turn on - charging is possible but after orange light blinking. I have this problem since 3.51 fw - now I am on 3.60 Henkaku. I try clean contacts, change usb cord, change battery, use special usb converter to charge by normal usb chargers.

So I am now standing and asking you for a help to figure out what is causing this.

Maybe some dev could make homebrew that could turn off the vita by button press on the app or sth that could examine system for problems with mismached entries by some battery operational system.

Much thanks for any kind of help
icon_e_smile.gif

More detailed explenation

I tried original + samsung etc. chargers with adapter. I have one problem with stay w month or so IDK for sure at the off state, but after that works ok - do not seen the problems like "today". It is problem with orange light blinking, i am almost sure that it was descovered by me and mostly feeled or better wirds will be "realized" by meon 3.5.1 and during to 3.60 change. I never saw before blinking orange light, so I act as Chuck Norris - download all internet to diskette. I i found that this problem exist and mostyly it was fixable by disconnetc battery, enter some users recommend also rebuild "cache" (IDK what is called properly), also cleaned contacts (vita, usb cable, usb charger), change usb cable and battery. I tested all oh that methods. But one method worked once - but problem returned IDK for one cycle of charge or two - it was combination of keys PS+VolUP+POWER for 3-4 sec - it normally return to normal charge state after that.

Sure it it is turned off?

I am not even sure if it is turned off! One I've tested Vita during orange "off" state during charge and it returns to menu there was no normal boot simptomes - it just returned to menu - act as it was frozen in standby mode or so.
Also strange is that it act also as turned on for me even I turned it off as it should normally be done - it also discharge rapididly.

LiPo and memory effect?

I am also not sure (i do not have proper knowledge i think?) if LiPo cells still have this problem that existed for predecessors of this technology?

Also some time ago i talked with developer of one of the Vita tester homebrews with capacity indicator, voltage etc. And I he stated that my parameters was normal as it should be.

I do not even know what kind of problem is it? It could be maybe some not fixed problems with battery drain problem that comes from 3.51 as it was reported as main problem with this FW. HENKAKU side? Hasrdware maybe? I do not 100% sure if it is possible becouse I always acts with electronic devices with huge care - specially if it is device with not removable battery (I have this practice as a main consumer electronic trend.)

I anyone have similar problems or have solution for this kind of problem feel free to post :)

[SOLVED] Used new plugin called PS2-battery fixer and this kind of magic I was originally looking for! Fuge thanks to developer SKGleba.

Link to GitHub page https://github.com/SKGleba/PSP2-batteryFixer

Last edited by wiewiec,

TariqSoftDev

~Zexceil
Trophies
XP
Country
Your battery might be coming to the end of it's useful life, have you tried replacing it? , fast discharge is a sign as it can't hold much charge at this point.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air. +1