Hacking Battery Problem After

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already found a fix. Pull the battery out of the switch and hold the power button for 15 seconds. Re-insert battery and start as normal. I'm currently attempting to find a software method.

EDIT: I've not yet been able to replicate the battery bug myself yet which is proving to be harder than I initially expected it to be. I'll see if I can force my switch to die on Linux overnight and test from there.

Just followed your steps and now the Switch reads the battery percentage correctly, awesome. Thanks!

Reactions: Shadow LAG

Haztel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welp, I guess it's time to order some screwdrivers off Amazon. Hopefully we eventually figure out a way to fix this in the future without taking apart the Switch.

Bartesco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Well I plugged off the charger at 98% while charging running Ubuntu, then tried to play and see how lasts (Horizon detected 100% obviously) but it turned off at 38%, a little bit more but still not enough. I'll try alkar's method of drain the battery using fusee gelee launcher, if that doesn't work I'd buy a triwing screwdriver and unplug the battery because it seems to be the only known solution to this

Enviado desde mi SM-G930F mediante Tapatalk

Reactions: M-Gardevoir

alkar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well letting the battery drain in Fusee Gelee then charging it to 100% didn't work : the switch still shutdown by itself at around 40% sadly :(

Last edited by alkar,

aut0mat3d

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Have to confirm that.
Brand New 4.01 Switch - dumped NAND with Linux, did the Biss Payload (readout).
All Time i had the Switch full charged and on a 2A capable USB3.0 Port.
After doing the Biss readout i turned the console off and let it "rest" with charger plugged in for about a half hour.
Then first start of System, Setup,... Battery was on 97%, charging.
Started Zelda afterwards an let it drain the Battery
Then i let the console full charge and played till it turned off on about 34% Battery...

ATM i am charging it again after disassembling and pulling the Battery (20sec. Power button after unplugging the Battery) and shorting Batt-Contacts on the Mainboard.

*fingers crossed* :D

alkar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like you guys are stuck with pulling battery for now until I can replicate.
Hopefully you will find a soft fix for that since I think I killed one of the screw on the joycon rail and can't even open my Switch :( I think my screwdriver is fine since I managed to remove the others but there is one that I tried the wrong one at first, and now I can remove it :(

aut0mat3d

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
you only need to unscrew the one in the middle of the joycon rail to remov the backplate... if you are lucky that one is not damaged ;)

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hopefully you will find a soft fix for that since I think I killed one of the screw on the joycon rail and can't even open my Switch :( I think my screwdriver is fine since I managed to remove the others but there is one that I tried the wrong one at first, and now I can remove it :(
Is it the middle screw? You only have to remove the middle screw on each rail to open the Switch.

alkar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh really ? nice I can remove that one I think ! Is that the 3rd one switch-teardown-guide-2.jpg ? You sure only this one is needed to be removed
EDIT : seems like it is according to google. Will try to remove that one then, what an idiot I was!

Last edited by alkar,

alkar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any tips to remove the top left part of the back plate where the audio output is ? Somehow it's stuck and I'm afraid to force it.

EDIT : ending up forcing... removed it now. Also noticed I broke a plastic part that holds one of the 2 screw of the USB C port.. pffff so much shit just to fix a battery, damn linux

Last edited by alkar,

aut0mat3d

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
There is no damn Linux ;)
Looks like stupid implementation of batt Handling
If a device browns out due a weak battery they should force a recalibration which ninty engineers simply forgot to implement.
Liio handling (power measurements, charging,...) is no trivial thing...

alkar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I unplugged the battery cable finally, replugged it, at least the Switch turned on with 49% now, but it's not a good test, sometimes it could hold till 30%... Closing it in, hopefully that fixes it according to report.

alkar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope I did not. Held it for 30sec just to be safe. I think you don't even need to do a charging cycle, unplugging the battery fixes the issue automatically.

But I'll wait for it to reach 0%, which I never managed before. Will report if it's another success story.

Reactions: aut0mat3d

Keksus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
does everyone have this problem now? or is it just coincidence?

do the problems only occur with linux or generally with the hack?

Thanks for all your help and work!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."