Hacking Battery life

Iceclaw

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now, I've only got an 8gb microSDHC card, so I can't do any direct comparisons, but I'm wondering if approximately 5hrs with battery saver enabled on brightness setting 0 (NO WIFI play) is normal?

I've only had the DS lite since Christmas, and the flashcart a couple of weeks at the most.

Is there anything I can do to increase my battery life? I already don't use sleep mode opting rather to in-game save and then turn the cartridge off.

I've heard some people saying that 10-13hrs is easily attainable on this brightness setting and wondered if purchasing an microSD card would net me these kinds of battery life gains?

(Running firmware 1.51 on my CycloDS if that matters)

unz

Chaotic Neutral
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Wow. 5 hours with screen brightness on zero is well ...pretty bad.

The only other things I can suggest are to turn the DS volume down as much as possible - or off altogether, if you can tolerate silent gaming.
If you have one, remove any slot 2 card that might be charging its battery from the DS battery while you play.

Non HCSD MicroSD cards are dirt cheap these days, so yeah, I suggest you pick one up for testing. Here in Australia, I can snag a Sandisk 1GB for about $10 - in the US, it'd be even less. If the battery still dies after 5 hours with the smaller microSD, I'd be thinking about replacing that too - they don't cost very much anyway.

* If you choose to buy a new battery, I use and recommend one of these. The pack includes a rather nice charger and a screwless replacement battery cover. In the US, the same pack is available, with Blackhorns branding. Most likely, you can get one from your local Walmart or similar big box store.

Filter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use the battery saving feature thats built in the CycloDS I suggest you update to V1.53.

wilddenim

Candy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've had the problem with this when I got my CycloDS, is your sound high? This affects the battery life. I usually have it off and the brightness is on 1. That lasts me about 10 hours.

EDIT: I'm on 1.53 - no problems with it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill