Hacking Battery Life with Acekard?

JohanX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am I imagining it, or does the DSi's battery charge not last as long running with an Acekard and AKAIO?

It used to be that I could leave my DSi in suspend mode (lid closed on an active game) for days. However, with an Acekard and AKAIO I am lucky if the battery lasts over night.

This is on a relatively new DSi (3 months old), so the battery should be in good shape still.

I will have to do some tests between an actual DS cartridge and the same game on an Acekard.

Leonidas

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Yep, for some reason the Ak2i drains a whole lot of battery power. I have read somewhere this is due to the new DMA-Quicksave mode (Green loading text, highest compatibility), and if you run in other modes, the drain is significantly lower.

From what I have seen on my DS Lite, the results are this (brightness set to 2) ~

Original Cart ~ 7.30 hours
R4-SDHC ~ 6.45 hours
Acekard 2i ~ 5.00 hours

It's not really a big deal since I can charge overnight, but I'm a little bit concerned the cartridge isn't overheating, because some of this power surely has to go into heat. This could ruin my DS lite's contacts in the long run.

scrtmstr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
i'm not having this kind of problem weirdly, i've played the whole day now on my DSi with my acekard, switching between games which have the new (green loading) and old (red loading) DMA. It still only knocked 1 bar of my battery, according to my dsi. Even when i leave it closed it can still last for more then a day, and mine is also 3 months old.

Leonidas

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
You have to time yourself, because "opinion" doesn't really produce good results. Most interestingly, on the R4-SDHC I was playing FF4, which is a 3D game,while on the Ak2i I was doing Castlevania:PoR, which is a 2D game. And the original cartridge was Tetris. You'd kinda think 3D games would drain more power, but this does not seem to be the case.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Many such cases.