Hardware Battery drain

Indominusda1e

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've update from 3.0.0 to the latest firmware as my battery was drain 1 percent every couple of minutes whilst idling on the home screen it's still doing this on the latest firmware anyone else had this issue

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've update from 3.0.0 to the latest firmware as my battery was drain 1 percent every couple of minutes whilst idling on the home screen it's still doing this on the latest firmware anyone else had this issue
Did you mess around with Linux at all? That causes battery desync. If not, your battery is shot and will need to either have Nintendo repair your system, or go the cheap and fast way and order a battery and swap it out yourself. Pretty easy to do

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I put mine into sleep and it drops a few percent over night while off?
Sleep mode and off are two different things. In sleep mode the system still uses power at a very low state.

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like you either have a bad battery or your battery percentage is some how glitched. Had a similar issue my self. Opening the system and unplugging the battery for a few seconds fixed it. But that’s because I was messing with Linux

Indominusda1e

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It shouldn't be a bad battery It was fine and then I didn't use it for 7 months whilst I was away with work then I've noticed it when I came back it was totally out of juice and I heard not to do that on fw3.0.0 otherwise you will need to recalibrate so maybe hats the issue

Centergaming

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It shouldn't be a bad battery It was fine and then I didn't use it for 7 months whilst I was away with work then I've noticed it when I came back it was totally out of juice and I heard not to do that on fw3.0.0 otherwise you will need to recalibrate so maybe hats the issue

Recalibrate it by unplugging and plugging back the internal battery, it should fix the sync issue.

Indominusda1e

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok
Recalibrate it by unplugging and plugging back the internal battery, it should fix the sync issue.
Ok I'm trying the Nintendo method first I've had it charged all night I've turned it off today whilst working and when I'm home I'll drain it to empty then charge it again and see

Centergaming

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok

Ok I'm trying the Nintendo method first I've had it charged all night I've turned it off today whilst working and when I'm home I'll drain it to empty then charge it again and see

Using the Nintendo method is risky and can decrease the lifespan of the battery which Nintendo doesn't state that on their webpage.

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The switch battery is designed to be discharged! Cant see how a full charge and drain are going to cause issues.

The only way to kill a Li-ion cell is to discharge to below the min voltage which the switch is unable to do.

No harm will come from a complete cycle :)

Reactions: Centergaming

Centergaming

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The switch battery is designed to be discharged! Cant see how a full charge and drain are going to cause issues.

The only way to kill a Li-ion cell is to discharge to below the min voltage which the switch is unable to do.

No harm will come from a complete cycle :)

Really? Crap... thought this whole time it was able to discharge cause of the battery issue (facepalm)

Reactions: andyhappypants
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Unless its a faulty console the battery will simply say "nope, screw you.. im too low to operate so ill shut down and preserve myself so I can take another charge"

I had an old canon dslr a few years ago that DID manage to kill a few cells and cost me ££££££'s to replace but its not a common problem. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WUOq1dlZWxI?si=LBlEJwZfwtWShljP lol Denmark can't handle the spice