Batman: Brave & the Bold Launch Trailer

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not gonna lie, i nearly transferred from an lol to a rofl.

Hold on... Did he say "Awesome sauce"?

alidsl

I am now a lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Batmite you're just button mashing
rofl.gif

TLOZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
This trailer is great.
Guess the game is not...
Looks just like the old nes-version of batman (lol, with all this cartoon-2D-crap)
Some kind of a bad smash bros., super mario and hack'n'slay mix without hack and slay
wink.gif

With a lot more stuff and a lot of senseless "button smashing" (I really don't think, that the controls are as good as in SSBB).

they only want u to buy both, the ds AND wii version
wink.gif

that's why they implemented that "connecting to your wii and play with ur friends" feature.

Anyway, TIME WILL TELL, I guess
Hope the price isn't that high, otherwise I won't buy it, hehehe

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TLOZ said:
they only want u to buy both, the ds AND wii version
wink.gif

that's why they implemented that "connecting to your wii and play with ur friends" feature.
Nah WayForward aren't like that, they wanted to make use of a underused feature.

Usually you can tell if a WayForward game is good or not, if its heavily promoted and in the press...it will be good (A Boy & His Blob), if its not then it'll just sneak its way out there (Where The Wild Things Are). Most publishers would not bother putting this much promotion into a licensed game unless its going to be good, they usually let the license to the selling.

When given time to actually develop a title and if they like the license or subject, then they do well.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It strikes me as a TMNT or Streets of Rage sort of mindless beat'em-up, but with a Batman license and some sort of blah-blah story. It really does look like it plays quite a bit on the slow side, doesn't it? Still, it COULD be fun once you actually play it, but I'll bet that it will be a fairly short game regardless. Maybe that's why they made it play in slow-motion like they did.....to sort of drag out the gameplay.

I'll definitely give it a look when it comes out. I'm sure it will at least be better than Tokyo Beatdown, which isn't really saying much. We don't get many games like this on the DS that are any good, so I'll give it a more-than-fair chance because I used to like these types of games in the 16-bit days. If nothing else, the Spider Man game is coming soon too, so we have two chances to score a decent side-scrolling beat'em-up that doesn't contain any flower-and-bunny cuteness.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't see what all the hate is about. I'm looking forward to it.

As Hadrian said, most well-advertised games by WayForward are pretty good. Those that aren't usually aren't. This is given a lot of advertisement and what not. And not just your shitty ones, stuff like this that's actually an entertaining trailer.

But I can't be a real critic until I play it myself.

Keshire

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to have to agree. This trailer most likely cost quite a bit to animate and voice. Not something that's normally done for throwaway games.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
Don't see what all the hate is about. I'm looking forward to it.

As Hadrian said, most well-advertised games by WayForward are pretty good. Those that aren't usually aren't. This is given a lot of advertisement and what not. And not just your shitty ones, stuff like this that's actually an entertaining trailer.

But I can't be a real critic until I play it myself.
No ones "hating" the game. Its just not what people are interested. I've no doubt some people will like this game; mostly batman and old school beat em up fans. But most of us are just meh about it. okay wayforwards a good dev and some time was put into this game doenst mean it'll be fun for us.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: Update on my brother: He's home now, tired and hungry, obviously, but other than that, seems to... +1