BatchDPG 1.60

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by ferofax, Sep 11, 2011.

Sep 11, 2011

BatchDPG 1.60 by ferofax at 2:17 AM (2,085 Views / 0 Likes) 11 replies

1. ferofax
    OP

Member ferofax End of the World

Philippines
    ...is there anyone out there with a working, non-bugged 1.60 or newer? 1.60 is broken beyond belief, as the Audio browse buttons show you subtitle files! and the bad part is, no amount of changing the allowable file extensions in the config file seems to work, so i get this nagging feeling that this is hardcoded, because the config reverts every time i change this part:

CODEAllowedMediaExtensions=*.avi; *.wmv; *.flv; *.mkv; *.mpg; *.mpeg; *.mp4; *.mov;
    AllowedSubtitleExtensions=*.smi; *.saa; *.srt; *.ass;
    AllowedAudioExtensions=*.smi; *.saa; *.srt; *.ass;ÂÂ

2. jurassicplayer

Member jurassicplayer Completionist Themer

United States
    ._. why not try using dpg4x? It works with subs as well and I haven't had problems with it.

3. ferofax
    OP

Philippines
    is that on filetrip? i'll try that right away then.

EDIT: the video i converted is off-sync, skippy, and subtitle doesn't support .ass. It's a music video (the pillows - Ride on Shooting Star), so offsync audio is horrible. [​IMG]

I'll stick with BatchDPG 1.52 i guess.

4. Luigi2012SM64DS

Banned Luigi2012SM64DS G-old member

Canada

5. ferofax
    OP

Philippines
    actually, it doesn't. else the video i converted wouldn't have crashed moonshell 2.10 with a "couldn't find audio channel/stream/whatever" error. it does for other file formats, but Matroska sure doesn't work like that for BatchDPG.

as i said in the previous post, the video i got off of DPG4x is offsync, skippy, and the subtitle didn't support .ass, which BatchDPG does. I gotta work with what i have, and what i have is .ass subtitle, so i'll stick with BatchDPG.

and no, BatchDPG does not suck. does have a lot of annoying flaws though.

6. Luigi2012SM64DS

Canada
    edit2 hey how come when i download it says this is not trusted by smartscreen

7. Luigi2012SM64DS

Canada
    Like i said don't use batchdpg its from like the 2007s use dpgenc that latest version that comes with moonshell its has better quallity and it shows a preview of the video before you watch it. don't be a gouys from 2077 be a guy from 2010!(latest moonshel was from 2010)

8. ferofax
    OP

Philippines
    [​IMG]
    lol. until i see another dpg encoder that can do subtitles like this, then no. year it was made has no bearing whatsoever to its functions. DPG4x is a pretty close bet for me though, but it doesn't optimize bitrate (hence the skippy framerate), unlike BatchDPG. and the subtitle is pretty much basic, but if i was using .srt then i'm not against using this.

BatchDPG Unofficial 1.61 (from author Ghost)
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15672421/BatchDPG_161.exe
    this fixes the issue above, so i'm a happy camper right now. i emailed him, and surprise, he mailed back with a fix. good guy, this one. [​IMG]

9. karupanda4

Newcomer karupanda4 Member

Estonia
    I was using batchDPG as my main dpg converter... but after trying out a few commercial ones, I ended up using "imTOO Video Converter Ultimate 6".

Why?
    1. Better user interface (alot easier to add multiple files).
    2. Faster video conversion rate.

I havent done exact timings... but seems that batchdpg converted a 400 mb file in about half an hour or so. While imtoo video converter does the same job in about 5-10 minutes.

10. ferofax
    OP

Philippines
    yes, there's always that. but i WANT those subs, especially when converting anime. now if it was english-language movies, i'd have no qualms using others. but so far BatchDPG is the only encoder that gives me same subtitle quality as fan-subs.

and i've used imtoo before as well, it's stiff with bitrates, same like Super and DPG4x and tons of other commercial encoders. BatchDPG optimizes the bitrate so that it almost NEVER maxes the buffer on Moonshell, thereby almost NEVER freezing/skipping.

pretty pixel-perfect frames are useless if the framerates drop too much.

11. Luigi2012SM64DS

Canada
    Man why can't he make it so that its supports dpg4? im sticking to dpgenc because its faster then imtoo and it encodes better quality

12. hondje1

Newcomer hondje1 Project Batch DPG

Netherlands
    Use mine 1.62 search on Filetrip: Batch DPG