Batch Convert CWAV to WAV?

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by FlappyFalco, Apr 17, 2016.

1. FlappyFalco
    OP

FlappyFalco Smile, No Matter How Bad it Gets~

Oct 11, 2015
    Ireland
    The deepest recesses of my mind
    So, I'm trying to dump the audio from the Japanese version of Fire Emblem Fates. Most of the files I need are in IRON15_sound.bcsar. I used 3DS Audio Ripper to extract the CWAVs from this file. But now I have no idea how to convert all 9,335 files to a format my computer can read. CTRTool, a command line program, can convert them using the following command:

Code:
    ctrtool -t cwav --wav out.wav in.cwav
    However, as you may have guessed, it's a one at a time process, which considering the number of files I have to deal with, isn't really an option. I tried this:

But Foobar gives me an error when I try to open a CWAV from FE:F, and BCSAR Unpacker doesn't work either, so I think the format might be different from the two Pokémon games.

So is there any kind of .BAT file I could use with CTRTool or another program I haven't heard of that can do this? I know it's possible because @carefreejules at Serenes Forest has done it with the USA voices (not going too link because of obvious reasons), but beyond that I have absolutely no idea. Thanks in advance guys.

2. FlappyFalco
    OP

Oct 11, 2015
    Ireland
    Humpity bump.

3. Thelostrune

Thelostrune GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 13, 2015
    Norway
    If you can give me the bscar I'll take a look at it.

FlappyFalco likes this.
  4. Asia81

Asia81 In my Ecchi World <3

Nov 15, 2014
    France
    Albi
    same for me, send

5. FlappyFalco
    OP

Oct 11, 2015
    Ireland
    OK, sent! Thanks guys.

6. Thelostrune

Aug 13, 2015
    Norway
    Seems to be a different version cwav than what's used in other games. It converts to literally 0 bytes.

7. FlappyFalco
    OP

Oct 11, 2015
    Ireland
    Which conversion method are you using? If it's 3DS Explorer, I don't think that works with CWAVs of any kind. Like I said, CTRTool can convert them correctly, but the odd thing is, is that it seems to be the only thing that can do this.

While I'm at it, I'll add YATA+ as a program that fails to convert these CWAVs to WAV.

8. Thelostrune

Aug 13, 2015
    Norway
    Every program fails to convert them. It's like if it has a whole other algorithm to them.

Have fun with the sequences though, they're nothing but random piano garbage mostly.
    gn tho

Last edited by Thelostrune, Apr 18, 2016
    FlappyFalco likes this.
  9. Asia81

Asia81 In my Ecchi World <3

Nov 15, 2014
    France
    Albi
    I did a batch for a multiple conversion, but ctrtool can't even open the file...
    error: could not open input file!

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Fail, I thought I was in the PM :rofl2:

FlappyFalco likes this.
  10. FlappyFalco
    OP

Oct 11, 2015
    Ireland
    @Thelostrune Well, I've discovered something. I've deciphered Nintendo's new .CWAV format.

While I was looking for your Konverter/CSEQConv program (which I still haven't found btw), I came across this post on the Halley's Comet forums:

Discovery.PNG

So, naturally, I grabbed one of the files from FE:F that I was working on, opened it in a hex editor, changed the byte, then opened up Foobar2000, and sure enough it worked.

I'm not joking, a single byte has caused me so much trouble! :rofl: