ROM Hack Batch Convert CWAV to WAV?

FlappyFalco

Smile, No Matter How Bad it Gets~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
So, I'm trying to dump the audio from the Japanese version of Fire Emblem Fates. Most of the files I need are in IRON15_sound.bcsar. I used 3DS Audio Ripper to extract the CWAVs from this file. But now I have no idea how to convert all 9,335 files to a format my computer can read. CTRTool, a command line program, can convert them using the following command:

Code:
ctrtool -t cwav --wav out.wav in.cwav

However, as you may have guessed, it's a one at a time process, which considering the number of files I have to deal with, isn't really an option. I tried this:

But Foobar gives me an error when I try to open a CWAV from FE:F, and BCSAR Unpacker doesn't work either, so I think the format might be different from the two Pokémon games.

So is there any kind of .BAT file I could use with CTRTool or another program I haven't heard of that can do this? I know it's possible because @carefreejules at Serenes Forest has done it with the USA voices (not going too link because of obvious reasons), but beyond that I have absolutely no idea. Thanks in advance guys.

FlappyFalco

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Seems to be a different version cwav than what's used in other games. It converts to literally 0 bytes.

Which conversion method are you using? If it's 3DS Explorer, I don't think that works with CWAVs of any kind. Like I said, CTRTool can convert them correctly, but the odd thing is, is that it seems to be the only thing that can do this.

While I'm at it, I'll add YATA+ as a program that fails to convert these CWAVs to WAV.

Thelostrune

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
While I'm at it, I'll add YATA+ as a program that fails to convert these CWAVs to WAV.
Every program fails to convert them. It's like if it has a whole other algorithm to them.

Have fun with the sequences though, they're nothing but random piano garbage mostly.
gn tho

Last edited by Thelostrune,
Reactions: FlappyFalco

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I did a batch for a multiple conversion, but ctrtool can't even open the file...
error: could not open input file!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Fail, I thought I was in the PM :rofl2:

Reactions: FlappyFalco

FlappyFalco

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
@Thelostrune Well, I've discovered something. I've deciphered Nintendo's new .CWAV format.

While I was looking for your Konverter/CSEQConv program (which I still haven't found btw), I came across this post on the Halley's Comet forums:

Discovery.PNG

So, naturally, I grabbed one of the files from FE:F that I was working on, opened it in a hex editor, changed the byte, then opened up Foobar2000, and sure enough it worked.

I'm not joking, a single byte has caused me so much trouble! :rofl:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show. +1