axe97

OP
Trophies
Website
www.softmii.org
XP
Country
United States
so ive been messing around with cIOSX rev20, and i am not sure as to what the base ios is, and which one i should be using. if anyone could explain, that would be great.

also, i read on 2 guides to use IOS56 as a base, but when i do that, surprisingly, black ops loads forever, and the disk stops spinning. However, if i have ios57 as a base, then BO works fine. is the base ios a compatability thing?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't say for sure, but based on that name it sounds like that it uses a specific ios to build off of rather than building from the ground up.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
axe97 said:
is the base ios a compatability thing?
Here you go answering your own question.
smile.gif

Wii games rely on different IOS'es. Some have voice chat, support for other hardware or things like that. As a user, you normally don't notice it, as the wii doesn't tell all that selecting.

Up until rev17, Waninkoko used a single cIOS that was supposed to handle all kinds of inputs. After that, he changed to having base IOS'es because it became too hard for one single cIOS to handle every game out there (which is due to the nature of games requesting different sorts of inputs).

I don't know the differences in base IOS'es by head anymore, but there was one with the best compatibility and another one with the best speed (I hope someone else can clarify this). In any case, there is no such thing as an universally all-round best base IOS. And there's no need to that either, as with rev20, you can just install different base IOS'es to different slots.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yWIobzBdKc