Bannerbomb installation issues

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by kwerty00, Jul 25, 2009.

Jul 25, 2009
  1. kwerty00

Newcomer kwerty00 Member

May 3, 2009
    United States
    Hey guys, bought a Wii a while back, i posted this same thread on the NOOB PARADISE sticky but didnt get any useful feedback, so i'm trying here

i'm trying to get that Bannerbomb thing on it, but i'm kinda stuck atm, details:

System Version: 4.0E
    Serial: starts with LAH115 (if this means anything)

When i try installing i get to the HackMii Installer v0.2 screen and it gives me this:
    The test results are in:
    The Homebrew Channel: Can be installed
    DVDX: Can be installed
    BootMii: Can only be used as an IOS
    The installed boot1 version prevents a boot2 install (-2)

Soo, can i get homebrew channel on my wii to work. Want to play emulators and such XD
    Or is there anything else i need to do? Please help~

2. skedone

Member skedone GBAtemp Fan

May 2, 2008
    United States
    just install the homebrew channel then mate and install the apps to your card and away you go
  3. nabster92

Member nabster92 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Apr 16, 2009
    United States
    That should be pretty clear enough...You basically just can't get any brick protection from bootmii is all that says. Just click continue and install the HBC. I think that should be enough for emulators, but if you do need the trucha bug, then you need to use the Trucha Bug Restorer to get it back in IOS36 and then run a cIOS installer using IOS36.

Whatever you follow, try to understand what you're doing first if you can and don't do anything that involves downgrading anything on your Wii aside from what the Trucha Bug Restorer does to IOS15.