Hacking Banner Editing Tutorial

Sperion

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
deba94 said:
The newest tools are on the first post (u8packer allowing unsigned sound.bins). The english tools will not be able to pack the sound.bin.

the english tools from my pack can pack the sound.bin

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what do i need to look out for to make sure i don't brick my wii? Besides keeping the pictures a certian size, does the formats matter? Does the size of the file matter. As for the songs, it can only be 10 seconds, can it be longer or shorter? Does the file size matter for that as well? Anything else i need to look out for to make sure i don't brick my wii?

deba94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The only way you can brick your wii is if you screw up the icon. Check my tutorial for the right sizes. As for the image format any will do. Also 10 seconds is the recommended length but there really is no limit to the length of the audio clip. Keep in mind that the longer the clip, the more blocks it will take.

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright thankyou very much for the information and the tourtial =)

I am so sorry, 1 more question. Does adding sound apply to vc games too? or just homebrew?

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Prime said:
Can anyone help me?!

i'm still getting a overflow error when i use u8extr on banner.bin (i'm editing a homebrew wad)

Are you sure its a homebrew? I got this error too when i was editing a vc but then i realized i was following the wrong part of the tourtial

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So far my attempt to customize a channel has failed. For changing the sound, i can repack it fine, but when i install it, the channel does not appear, but it appears as a ??? in the data management, this is a vc. For customizing the picture, i get an error at step 8.5 this is also for vc. This is the error i get.
el fichero banner.bin no esta firmado con md5

I have checked the steps very carefully and i have tried to do this tons of times and i can't get it to work. Any suggestions?

deba94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
that means the banner.bin file was not signed with an md5 signature. Make sure you selected the circle thats says "Archivo u8 firmado con md5".

And why bother with my tutorial for VC? Sperion has a great tutorial. Check out his thread for working steps
wink.gif

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
deba94 said:
that means the banner.bin file was not signed with an md5 signature. Make sure you selected the circle thats says "Archivo u8 firmado con md5".

And why bother with my tutorial for VC? Sperion has a great tutorial. Check out his thread for working steps
wink.gif

Ok, thanks anyways and good job on the tutorial still
smile.gif

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lemonadess said:
which program should I use for resizing image to 590x332 pixels? I tried some programs but none of them worked!!

Infranveiwer seems to work good for me. Heres the dl link:
http://www.download.com/3001-2192_4-107551...rt=dl-IrfanView

To resize an image go to Image > resize/resample

Uncheck the box "preserver aspect ratio" so when you change the width it won't automaticly change the height.

lemonadess

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanx for the help. It worked perfectly. But is it ok I use the sound which is longer than 10 seconds?
And how to make an auto playback sound? Such as the homebrew channel, the music never stops!!

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lemonadess said:
Thanx for the help. It worked perfectly. But is it ok I use the sound which is longer than 10 seconds?
And how to make an auto playback sound? Such as the homebrew channel, the music never stops!!

Yes you can use a sound longer or less than 10 seconds. I am not sure how to make an auto playback though =(, i thought it was default like that, lol looks like i wasted my time making a loop off a starfox soundtrack.

Sperion

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
crwys said:
lemonadess said:

Yes you can use a sound longer or less than 10 seconds. I am not sure how to make an auto playback though =(, i thought it was default like that, lol looks like i wasted my time making a loop off a starfox soundtrack.

maybe we need to look at the homebrew channel i believe that that channel uses a loop (right?)

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sperion said:
crwys said:
lemonadess said:

maybe we need to look at the homebrew channel i believe that that channel uses a loop (right?)

Yea it does, but that was specially designed so i doubt we will figure it out until they tell us. I also think i remember them mentioning releasing their tools for customizing channels. We'll just have to wait, and it will be worth, they take a long time only to make sure everything is top notch.
biggrin.gif

lemonadess

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I tried to change the banner of Wad Manager Channel (I downloaded this channel from http://www.mediafire.com/?zg0t0zbtjmn)
When I extracted the banner.bin file. It gave me 2 files in timg folder: Screen_Bann.tpl and LayerImage.tpl. They are not listed in the tutorial at first page. So what do I have to do now?
Just do it as usual (make an tpl image and rename to Screen_Bann.tpl) or something else?

One more question: How to make a channel for homebrew? Make .wad file from .elf file? Is it simple or required a lot of skills?

Sperion

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
lemonadess said:
I tried to change the banner of Wad Manager Channel (I downloaded this channel from http://www.mediafire.com/?zg0t0zbtjmn)
When I extracted the banner.bin file. It gave me 2 files in timg folder: Screen_Bann.tpl and LayerImage.tpl. They are not listed in the tutorial at first page. So what do I have to do now?
Just do it as usual (make an tpl image and rename to Screen_Bann.tpl) or something else?

One more question: How to make a channel for homebrew? Make .wad file from .elf file? Is it simple or required a lot of skills?

just open the tpl files with tpl conv and check which file has the correcting image and change that one.

and how to make a channel for homebrew just use autoinjectuwad (here on the forums) and then replace the image the way discribed in the tutorial.

lemonadess

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can we change the banner of original Nintendo channels such as Photo channel, Internet Channel, Mii Channel?
I extracted the banner.bin file and received error "runtime overflow''

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    T @ Texasauras: SOLILOQUY