Hacking Banner Brick

NickHu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all,
I banner bricked my Wii with a bad WAD (using WADder for the first time =O).
I'm on System Menu 4.1E with Waninkoko's System Updater
My system history was this 3.4E->3.2E->4.0E(Waninkoko)->4.1E(Waninkoko)

NickHu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for "helping".
Don't be a jerk
I'm asking for help here, not insulting your mother
I didn't know WADs could brick your Wii prior to bricking
Can anyone actually help?

Lothlorian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well lets see......

You didn't install Pre-loader .... No help here.
frown.gif

You didn't install Bootmii in any form.... No help here
frown.gif

Only solution for you would be SMASH STACK on bootup so you could run Wad Manager to remove the Bad Wad you created.

Seeing as you have a PAL Wii and the Smash Stack only works with the NTSC-U version of Brawl then I'm sorry there is not much you can do.

Possibly if you buy a mod chip you might be able to boot up an UNBRICK disk. I have heard of these disks but never tried one out (Never bricked my Wii) because I don't have a Mod Chip. It would be a burned DVD-R disk so without a Mod Chip there would be no way to boot it up.

Deviyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lothlorian said:
Seeing as you have a PAL Wii and the Smash Stack only works with the NTSC-U version of Brawl then I'm sorry there is not much you can do.

QUOTE(NickHu @ Sep 22 2009, 01:28 PM) Thanks guys, but do you think if I buy a NTSC Smash Bros it could work?

Just making sure you didn't miss that..

NickHu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What I meant was, cause I have StartPatch (Starfall for 4.1....) And all the region-free patches ON, would I be able to boot NTSC Smash Bros if I imported it? Or does the recovery menu not load that stuff?

Retrievil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's possible if the region free stuff is working through Startpatch, that you could book NTSC SSB. Might be worth a try if you can get a cheap copy. Would be a lot less hassle than a modchip.

Anyone you know have any NTSC game you could try before you buy SSB?

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
xzxero was not being mean to you...he was simply being honest with you...He HELPS MORE USERS A DAY than most people will there entire time here...So AGAIN it might be best to to read up before you ACT on your own faulty assumptions...To be honest with you again...Thats how you ended up where you are right now...

Dippy1981

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
what's the point in going on and on about what he SHOULD have done? what's done is done. yes it's his own fault but lets not dwell on it, the guy's here to try and find a solution, not for a lecture.

i wouldn't waste your money buying an NTSC version of SSBB, it has an in-built check to stop it from autobooting. you'll get a message asking you to "Please Insert Super Smash Bros Brawl Game Disc". the PAL version does support autobooting however, so as far as i can see your best bet is to wait for a PAL version of smashstack to (hopefully) be released.

l_buddha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi NickHu !

I got exactly the same problem with my Wii... I've tried all the common solutions without any benefits :/

Now I've installed a modchip in my Wii but the autoboot isn't set by default, so I need to configure it on an other Wii. This is my last hope...

So, for me your last hope is to install a modchip allowing autoboot and launch a Anytitledeleter/wadmanager/HBC autoboot DVD to remove the corrupted WAD.

I'll try as soon as my friend give me his Wii... and give a reply.

NickHu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the replies guys, so you're saying a NTSC Smash Bros that I BUY wouldn't boot in the recovery menu with the StartPatch hacks?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...