Banned from online play?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Rovelius, Jun 29, 2017.

1. Rovelius
    OP

Rovelius Member

Newcomer
    Jul 12, 2009
    Canada
    Montreal, QC
    So yeah, I got myself MHGen a while ago and when I tried going online, I realized my 3DS was banned from online play. I have Luma3DS and A9HL running on it... is there a way to dodge the ban? I'd like to be able to keep using my 3DS, if possible. lol

Thanks in advance

2. Yepi69

Yepi69 Vivid and busy gamer

Nov 29, 2010
    Portugal
    Behind you
    Ok first, why are you still using AL9H?

You can get unbanned by using either a public LocalFriendCode_Seed or an extracted one from another 3DS.
    To ''dodge'' the ban, which means that you can't dodge it but rather minimize the chances of being banned, is to disable SpotPass completely and disable the Friends List option where they can see what you're playing.

3. Rovelius
    OP

Rovelius Member

Newcomer
    Jul 12, 2009
    Canada
    Montreal, QC
    I went through 3ds.guide a while ago and it made me install AL9H back then, I haven't kept up with the 3DS hacking since then as I wasn't using my 3DS anymore. Is there a way for me to save my 3DS?

4. Yepi69

Yepi69 Vivid and busy gamer

Nov 29, 2010
    Portugal
    Behind you
    https://3ds.guide/a9lh-to-b9s

5. Rovelius
    OP

Rovelius Member

Newcomer
    Jul 12, 2009
    Canada
    Montreal, QC
    Thanks for the link, I'll come back here if I have a problem or something :)

6. ismachispa

ismachispa Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 17, 2016
    ey guys! could you tell some advice to be cautious with bans in the future ?

7. Kubas_inko

Kubas_inko 3DS Hardmoder

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    disable sending info to nintendo (setting -> internet -> spotpass], don't hack in online games, don't go online with unofficial apps

ismachispa likes this.
  8. Reaga

Reaga GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 31, 2013
    United States
    When were you banned? If you don't know the exact date, give us the dates between finding you were banned and the last time you were able to play online.

We need to know if another banwave is coming or if this is just from the last banwave and not reported til now.

9. Kubas_inko

Kubas_inko 3DS Hardmoder

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    If there would be another banwave, there would me tons of new posts ;)

10. Reaga

Reaga GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 31, 2013
    United States
    Unless this is the first.

I'm not panicking here, just trying to get information since we're still reeling from the last ban wave.

11. Clydefrosch

Clydefrosch GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 2, 2009
    Gambia, The
    He already told you he hasnt played for a while. Its from the last wave.

Installing b9s does not unbann you, Ou have to check that cia site for a public local friend code seed