Bandwidth Limit Exceeded?

Discussion in 'CycloDS' started by FIESTA!, Dec 26, 2008.

Dec 26, 2008

Bandwidth Limit Exceeded? by FIESTA! at 3:01 AM (1,165 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. FIESTA!
    OP

Newcomer FIESTA! Member

United States
    So I'm trying to access cyclopsds.com, since I plan on purchasing a Cyclo DS soon, however, their site seems to be down. This worries me, as I'm concerned that upon recieving the cart, I won't be able to update my firmware. Should I wait before buying, or...? Thanks for any help.

2. Dark

Member Dark GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
  3. Nathan-NL

Member Nathan-NL GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    It happened more than once, nothing to worry about [​IMG]

4. kevenka

Member kevenka GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I would recomend just buying it now....b/c ussually the FW update is on gbatemp...but up to you [​IMG]

5. TraumaHoundNDS

Member TraumaHoundNDS GBAtemp Fan

United States
    For whatever reason they seem to run out of bandwidth before the end of the month. It happened last month, as I recall, and a couple of months before that. Just give it a few days and it'll reset, probably just the holiday rush brought it down earlier than usual.

6. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    You don't buy the Cyclo from their site. They do list a bunch of resellers but the list is horribly outdated as some of the stores don't carry the Cyclo anymore.
    If you live in the U.S, I can give you two really well recommended sites to buy the CycloDS from:
    www.realhotstuff.com
    www.dealwoot.com

Generally, people living on the west coast buy from dealwoot and people living on the east coast buy from realhotstuff. They both process your order really fast and you can expect to receive your Cyclo in the mail 2-3 days from ordering (choosing the cheapest shipping option).

Firmware updates can be found here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?dlcategory=66
    The latest firmware is 1.51

Plus, their site closed the forums so you can't register there even if it weren't down.

So in conclusion, it really doesn't make any difference that their site is down (again).

7. Pedobear

Banned Pedobear Banned

United States
    Cyclops is a bunch of cheap shits with a crappy forum and site.
    Look at the above post, people have adjusted quite well.

8. Isaiah

Member Isaiah The Conductor

Australia
    The site is back up for all you software hungry monsters. [​IMG]

9. TheDrNick

Newcomer TheDrNick Newbie

United States
    I've tried to register for their official forums but it says that registration has been disabled. Does anyone know how long this will go on? (i'm actually finding that this forum is superior but would like a couple of options for asking questions.)

10. Chrono_Tata

Member Chrono_Tata GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Thailand
    It's been closed for months and it doesn't look like it will change anytime soon, unfortunately. And, yeah, you can get all the help here and the newest beta firmwares are always uploaded here anyway.