Homebrew Question Ban Risk?

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
You will likely be safe.

Nobody can say 100% that you won’t be banned because we are basically second-guessing Nintendo, but generally the only thing that people have been banned for so far is homebrew NSPs, piracy and cheating online.

There have been no confirmed bans for just using CFW (assuming you are using Atmosphere, don’t know about ReiNX) or system modules. This is based on over a year of monitoring what causes a ban.

SENSENuii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
You will likely be safe.

Nobody can say 100% that you won’t be banned because we are basically second-guessing Nintendo, but generally the only thing that people have been banned for so far is homebrew NSPs, piracy and cheating online.

There have been no confirmed bans for just using CFW (assuming you are using Atmosphere, don’t know about ReiNX) or system modules. This is based on over a year of monitoring what causes a ban.
keep in mind that my clean nand dump was corrupted when I set up emu so I just reset the system, that was a few months ago, so how much more risk do I have by over clocking?

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
If you have never installed an NSP, you are probably safe. Nobody has been banned from using sys-clk so I see no reason why Freebird would trigger a ban.

Nintendo mainly seem to care about ‘unofficial’ installed titles and cheating.

SENSENuii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
If you have never installed an NSP, you are probably safe. Nobody has been banned from using sys-clk so I see no reason why Freebird would trigger a ban.

Nintendo mainly seem to care about ‘unofficial’ installed titles and cheating.
ok thanks for the info, if I get banned its your fault jk.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
We can only really judge what causes a ban based on what we’ve observed. The developers of Retroarch, sys-clk, hekate etc. are all anti-piracy and none have been banned.

Who knows what Nintendo will do tomorrow, though.

SENSENuii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
We can only really judge what causes a ban based on what we’ve observed. The developers of Retroarch, sys-clk, hekate etc. are all anti-piracy and none have been banned.

Who knows what Nintendo will do tomorrow, though.
that's fair enough, when I eventually get banned for who knows what I plan on getting a switch lite anyway

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr