Gaming Bad virus please HeLp

jabmaster2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well today I came home and found my laptop had a virus. At first I would let me run most of my programs execpt spybot and malwarebyts both it would shut down. It also blocked my internet by just bringin up random ads in my search so internat was usless and it deleted all restore points on my computer. I then tried safe mode and still block all antivirus. Then when I tried to restart my computer again and log back in I get a message "something has changed" and it logs back out. I'm
Out of ideas am I screwed!

wchill

Resident chillxpert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Okay.
Get access to another computer and burn a Linux live disc. You can get one from ubuntu.com
Start up your laptop with the disc, then grab anti virus software for Linux from the Internet and scan your laptop with it.

sylux92

Trophies
Website
nbcustomwebsites.com
XP
Country
United States
If you have another computer, download another antivirus and see if that will work. If that gets blocked, try using a flashdrive scanner. If you know the file name of the virus, download flash drive bootable linux, and delete the file that way.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hmmm lets see.

First, try booting into safe-mode, hit F8 on startup

Once there, do a system restore, go back to any date before this happened.

Sorry, im so stupid, i should have read, excuse my stupidity.

If things don't work, check out the things that wchill told you to do, and if that still doesn't work out, backup all your important files once in the live session, and format your HDD.

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
and most virii will copy themselves into restore points (this is why I say system restore is useless)
just bakup your data and reformat, it will be quicker than trying to get rid of the virus (and get a decent real time anti virus like avast)

Islay

Trophies
XP
Country
UltraMagnus said:
and most virii will copy themselves into restore points (this is why I say system restore is useless)
just bakup your data and reformat, it will be quicker than trying to get rid of the virus (and get a decent real time anti virus like avast)

agreed or if he has hours to kill,he can go to the registry and kill the thing at the core,just Ctrl and look at your processes and see if that help, also ccleane & avast should be a good Dload once you have fix your problem.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wchill said:
Okay.
Get access to another computer and burn a Linux live disc. You can get one from ubuntu.com
Start up your laptop with the disc, then grab anti virus software for Linux from the Internet and scan your laptop with it.

Not that I have this problem, but it seems like good advice (having researched a tad about Live OSes) should the problem arise. But I'm new to what you're referring to. You say go to the Ubuntu site to get a downloadable version of Linux Live? Where exactly on their site is that?

playallday

Group: GBAtemp Ghost
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
irpacynot said:
wchill said:
Okay.

Not that I have this problem, but it seems like good advice (having researched a tad about Live OSes) should the problem arise. But I'm new to what you're referring to. You say go to the Ubuntu site to get a downloadable version of Linux Live? Where exactly on their site is that?
Go here to download it (pick a location near you, scroll down and pick if you want 32-bit or 64-bit [if you don't know which you want leave it at 32-bit] and hit "Begin Download"). Then get ClamAV and run a scan.

I'm using ClamAV on Ubuntu right now trying to see if the virus I delete is really gone or not.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I see. So, Ubuntu is merely one form of Linux. I've heard about Linux for years, but never did anything with it. I didn't realize they were different OSes based on Linux. I though Ubuntu was a completely unique OS.

playallday

Group: GBAtemp Ghost
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
irpacynot said:
Okay, I see. So, Ubuntu is merely one form of Linux. I've heard about Linux for years, but never did anything with it. I didn't realize they were different OSes based on Linux. I though Ubuntu was a completely unique OS.
You really should try Linux. It can do everything Windows can but better. Unless you play games...

Findecanno

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
playallday said:
irpacynot said:
You really should try Linux. It can do everything Windows can but better. Unless you play games...
theres always WINE for some games and windows apps. As far as your virus try this: http://www.plop.at/en/ploplinux.html I never used it but it seems more specialized than ubuntu with clamav. I would still recomend getting ubuntu or the more user friendly version of ubuntu called linux mint. Thats what I currently use and it works great.

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/
There are loads of things that would have been on floppy's otherwise on that disk.
There are anti virus scanners, modified versions of DOS and Windows 98 and other stuff on there. No install, just run at boot.
Use all the anti virus scanners on it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy