Hardware backwards compatability

JPhantom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
will ds games played on the 3ds have wifi and local wireless or will it be like gba games in the ds where they have no multiplayer

Byronic Hero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its Local and wireless just like the DS. If its backwards compatible I doubt they'd take Multiplayer away from the consumer.

JPhantom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes but certain games used wireless multiplayer. such as the pokemon ones but they couldn't use the ds local wireless. not surprising in that case as the wireless was a separate hardware but it was the closest analogy I could come up with. the faq isn't helpful in this case as it just comfirms backwards compatability. as I referenced the ds was backwards compatable with GBA but the multiplayer features were absent

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
JPhantom said:
yes but certain games used wireless multiplayer. such as the pokemon ones but they couldn't use the ds local wireless. not surprising in that case as the wireless was a separate hardware but it was the closest analogy I could come up with. the faq isn't helpful in this case as it just comfirms backwards compatability. as I referenced the ds was backwards compatable with GBA but the multiplayer features were absent
I've posted in there someplace that wifi was confirmed by nintendo to work fine.
all features of ds and dsi are continued over to 3ds.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: LOL