ROM Hack Backup ScribbleNauts .sav

SvbHvman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My daughter has a DSiXL, Acekard 2i and Action replay DSi. We have tried several times to get the sav file from the retail cartridge to the Acekard with no luck. I have tried Shunyweb converter and NDS Action Replay Save Converter with no success. The ROM on the Acekard just doesn't load the .sav file. It always shows no saves. However, if I play a while and restart the DS I can load the save file and pick up where I left off. This tells me that the ROM is properly creating and loading saves, but not the ones converted from my .duc file. Has anyone had any luck with this? She does not want to start the game over, and more to the point, it is driving me crazy that I can't get it to work.

PS. I tried to get it via WiFi with a friends DS Lite also but I could not get the savreceiver or netcat to work correctly in Windows 7 so savsender could not connect to the server. (please don't send me this as a solution as I've already tried it and have very limited access to a DS or DS Lite)

Thanks for any help or suggestions!!!

KazoWAR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can try using desmume and importing the battery file from the file menu, then after resetting the emulator see if it shows the save data, if it does then try using the battery export function.

evandixon

PMD Researcher
Developer
Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States
There is a difference between the Action Replay MAX and Action Replay DSi.
Use my tool to convert: http://saves.uniquegeeks.net/
If it doesn't work after that, make sure you have it named correctly. Check in your system settings in AKAIO to check your save extension is .sav or .nds.sav and name the file accordingly.

Also, because of a bug, if your ROM name is less than 8 characters (Mario.nds), then the save must have an uppercase extension (Mario.SAV), and if it is greater than 8 characters (New Super Mario Bros.nds), then the save extension must be lowercase (New Super Mario Bros.sav). If not, AKAIO will create another save for whatever reason.

SvbHvman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UniqueGeek I used your converter earlier when I was first having the problem and I did use the correct choices but I had no luck. However; I finally got the solution today. The games has two save profiles and the backups would not load until I saved something in each of them. I cannot explain this behavior but that is what happened. I tried it once more this morning with one profile saved and nothing. I then created another save in the other profile slot, backed up the save with the AR DSi, converted it using your online converter and then made sure the names were the same ( same procedure I've used every time) and viola ... it worked. Thanks for the input.

BTW your converter is awesome and a great tool for the community!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1