backup problems

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by gaarasama333, Nov 22, 2008.

Nov 22, 2008

backup problems by gaarasama333 at 11:48 PM (569 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. gaarasama333
    OP

Newcomer gaarasama333 Newbie

United States
    alright, so i have wii firmware 3.3, the latest cios and wiigator backup launcher3.0 and i also have two backup games (tales of symphonia 2 and naruto gekitouninja taisen EX 2) neither of them are working in the backup launcher even after installation of cios, they both worked for my friend and i don't know why. but every time i try to run them with wiigator it trys for a few minuets then says "set (and a bunch of characters smushed together)" please help me?

2. finkel98

Newcomer finkel98 Member

United States
    I had a similar issue - it may be due on how you burn your DVD. IN my case, i just dragged/dropped the iso file into the DVD burner - instead of burning an image of the iso.

3. MrBubbles

Member MrBubbles GBAtemp Fan

United States
    If you're using DVD + you're doing it wrong.

And I tested both of the games you mentioned on DVD - and they work.

I also want to mention that there are some games that absolutely will not run unless you use brick blocker.

4. eternus

Newcomer eternus Member

Canada
    I had the exact same issue. The white letters crunched together in one line on a black screen. I'm assuming your backups are good if they work for your friend. Do what I did -> see link: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=115...p;#entry1554184

(basically you want to run CIOS uninstaller v.1.1. Then run the wad installer and install CIOS 249 rev7)

Good luck...