backup problems

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by gaarasama333, Nov 22, 2008.

1. gaarasama333
    OP

gaarasama333 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 22, 2008
    United States
    alright, so i have wii firmware 3.3, the latest cios and wiigator backup launcher3.0 and i also have two backup games (tales of symphonia 2 and naruto gekitouninja taisen EX 2) neither of them are working in the backup launcher even after installation of cios, they both worked for my friend and i don't know why. but every time i try to run them with wiigator it trys for a few minuets then says "set (and a bunch of characters smushed together)" please help me?

2. finkel98

finkel98 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2008
    United States
    I had a similar issue - it may be due on how you burn your DVD. IN my case, i just dragged/dropped the iso file into the DVD burner - instead of burning an image of the iso.

3. MrBubbles

MrBubbles GBAtemp Fan

Oct 19, 2007
    United States
    USA
    If you're using DVD + you're doing it wrong.

And I tested both of the games you mentioned on DVD - and they work.

I also want to mention that there are some games that absolutely will not run unless you use brick blocker.

4. eternus

eternus Member

Newcomer
    Nov 15, 2008
    Canada
    I had the exact same issue. The white letters crunched together in one line on a black screen. I'm assuming your backups are good if they work for your friend. Do what I did -> see link: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=115...p;#entry1554184

(basically you want to run CIOS uninstaller v.1.1. Then run the wad installer and install CIOS 249 rev7)

Good luck...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice