Not open for further replies.

acesniper

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
@ davhuit, Fire emblem freezes at chp 4. I used that backed up version in force PAL 60 to get past chp. 4. it took many tries for it to work. better for people to use my save.

Maragenie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
davhuit said:
Maregenie : Which region for G1 Jockey ? (1:1 or Decrypted). Same for GodFather. But I'll wait for confirmation about Godfather if you just tried to boot the game yet.

Both of the versions I played are PAL. I ripped them using imgburn @2.4 speeds using Kodak dvds. Just tried Godfather again there and it plays fine. I'm going to try secret files:Tunguska now.

EDIT: Not too sure about the 1:1 decrypted question, this is all new to me right now. lulz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
gumbyscout said:
666 said:
Hey, I've tried to install the cIOS needed for the Backup Launcher, and it downloads but it fails every time in the install. Any hints? Anything I may be missing?
Download all of the separate pieces from that .3 thread, that's what i had to do.

it's failing to install a ticket (-1017) or something... I've got my firmware downgraded so I can install wads, do I have to further downgrade to 3.2 or something?

Moon_child

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Good to see that someone changed the result of James Bond: Quantum of Solace back in not working again.

Trilkin

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I want to take over admining the wiki and start with setting up some more strict guidelines, but logical ones. I've been working on it a little bit now, and I'm considering undoing the PAL/NTSC merger. It makes it MUCH more cluttered when a region may have more problems than others. The other possibility I was considering was making a wiki off site that we would have more access (thus, more flexibility) to and maybe have this one obsoleted with all of the current content moved elsewhere. Thoughts?

Edit: Actually, I have a better idea. I was making a new thread with this, but I decided that it's unnecessary. I'll just add it.

Currently, the Wiki is a bit of a mess, and this is due in no small part to the fact that there are no real guidelines on adding to it. My proposition is this: Someone act as administrator of the wiki.

As the page admin, they would have to set firm guidelines and enforce them to prevent the wiki from becoming a mess. Another possibility is also separating the wiki into two pages - one for PAL, one for NTSC, so all of this region merging crap is a non-issue in the future.

I'm willing to do this since I'm not really doing anything else. The layout of the wiki is more or less fine, it's just that there needs to be more management.

I would also remove the bottom bar - the 'Extended Info' bar. That's what the forum is for; maybe even make a subforum specifically for the backup loader and any compatibility issues with it. This way, there will be separate threads for games and not this 'EVERYTHING IN ONE THREAD' business.

bous

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've got the following games working:

- Mario party 8 (PAL - 1:1)- on a PAL Wii 3.3 (without shopping channel update)(DVD-R, IMGBurn 2.4x)
- Gottlieb pinball classics (PAL - 1:1) - on a PAL Wii 3.3 (without shopping channel update)(DVD-R, IMGBurn, 2.4x)
- Super monkey ball banana blitz (PAL - 1:1) - on a PAL Wii 3.3 (without shopping channel update)(DVD-R, IMGBurn, 2.4x)
- Mariokart (PAL - patched) - on a PAL Wii 3.3 (without shopping channel update)(DVD+R, IMGBurn 4x)
- Boom Blox (PAL - patched) - on a PAL Wii 3.3 (without shopping channel update)(DVD+R, IMGBurn 4x)

Will test other games in a couple of days.

harryk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
Yesterday I was able to play No More Heroes (1:1, NTSCtoPAL version, Read retry installed, PAL Wii) for over an hour without any freezes. I walked and drove through the city without any problem. The spot were it froze the first time did not freeze the game anymore (or did I miss it? I don't think so). Seems to be a very weird bug and hard to reproduce, unfortunately.

quim69

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
MrBubbles said:
1) Thank you for being nit-picky about something completely understandable. Seriously. There were some games listed under NSTC-PAL. I just thought that was the accepted format. Don't be a smart-ass about "WHAT COUNTRY IS THAT DURRR HURRR MURRRRR". You're worse than a grammar Nazi. Oopps, what if I had put an e in grammar? Going to complain about that?
Grow up and accept you made a mess of it. There wasn't a single entry as NTSC-PAL before you did it - they were all PAL & NTSC-U (with one exception of PAL/NTSC).

QUOTE said:
2) I merged multiple region games that worked in both.
Some of which where 1:1 in one region and decrypted in another - in one case where both versions didn't work in both regions.

QUOTE said:
3) If there was a copy from the same region that had a single person who said it didn't work and it did work, I removed it. Unreliable. One versus one. It isn't clear.
Of course it isn't clear when it is 1 vs 1 - that's why you leave it as-is and people will add to it. Over time it will become clear wether it works or not and the duplicate can be removed. If you removed every 1vs1 we wouldn't have a wiki at all!

Stop making rash generalizations to make me look like an idiot.
You don't need any help from me with that, you are doing a fine job all by yourself. Congratulations!

Trilkin

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Whoever added

QUOTE said:
5. If you are the first person to add a game then the confirmed column should read 0 (as it is unconfirmed). Every person should then add 1 to that when they have tested it as working.

I don't quite understand the logic here. By virtue of adding the entry, wouldn't that be confirmation number one?

Anyway, does anyone have any objections to my previous post? Because I'm going to go through with it, then - that is, the unmerging of PAL/NTSC and giving them separate pages while using the current page as a portal to them.

quim69

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
Trilkin said:
I don't quite understand the logic here. By virtue of adding the entry, wouldn't that be confirmation number one?
No, because that isn't confirmation.

Confirmation is "additional proof". The first person is simply adding the game - verification/confirmation comes afterwards.

This is how it was from the beginning - recently however people have been adding a game as already confirmed.

QUOTEAnyway, does anyone have any objections to my previous post? Because I'm going to go through with it, then - that is, the unmerging of PAL/NTSC and giving them separate pages while using the current page as a portal to them.
It should have been seperate PAL/NTSC pages to start with but to seperate them now will just cause problems - when splitting a game that has 20 confirmations how to split between the game? Who knows which version of the game a comment belongs to.

I suppose you could always delete any comments (most of them are junk anyway) and once a game has 5 or so confirmations as un/working then change it to Yes or something.

I'd give it 24hours for people to make their opinion known though, wait till there is some consensus - don't just do it.

Trilkin

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
When splitting a game that has 20 confirmations how to split between the game?

Directly in half -OR- reset the count to 1. I'm sure people will re-confirm if they care enough, and if they DON'T care enough, someone will complain anyway.

QUOTEI suppose you could always delete any comments (most of them are junk anyway) and once a game has 5 or so confirmations as un/working then change it to Yes or something.

I was considering this exactly, actually. Once confirmations hit xx number, make the field green and just stick in the letter C for 'confirmed' or something similar. As far as the comments go, most of those merged entries have 'PAL:' or 'NTSC:' on them. If they don't, they'll be removed and just flagged as 'working.' I'm also going to make any green entry that's confirmed to crash at a certain stage in the game yellow because it doesn't work - it's just bootable, essentially.

I've been removing junk comments like 'Works perfectly' as I go. The good thing about a portal-esque page means that more people are likely to read the guidelines before clicking on a link and bookmarking it, which means less junk to sift through.

Whoever merged the regions, though... dumb, dumb, dumb dumb.

Sayargh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Weird one here,

Super Paper Mario NTSC-U Pal console 3.2

With the 1:1 burn, I just beat the boss before recieving the first pure heart, when the pure heart was above Mario I got this 'disc error please reset system', I tried various things, GC hook, force ntsc, it always crashed in exactly the same place, i'm just glad i saved after I did the boss.

Anyway I tried decrypting the iso, burnt that version, and wolla it didn't crash, seems the decrypted version works better, maybe it'll crash somewhere else though, not sure.

I burnt both with the same discs, I doubt it was a bad burn thing i've never had any issue with any of the other burns.

edit forgot to mention that I have the read retry fix installed.

Maragenie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
harryk said:
Yesterday I was able to play No More Heroes (1:1, NTSCtoPAL version, Read retry installed, PAL Wii) for over an hour without any freezes. I walked and drove through the city without any problem. The spot were it froze the first time did not freeze the game anymore (or did I miss it? I don't think so). Seems to be a very weird bug and hard to reproduce, unfortunately.

I started playing this game the other night and like you mentioned I got to play it for about an hour, it was just into the 2nd mission and I was on the bike, game crashed as I came to a cross roads on my way over to the job office. Now what I'd like to ask you is "Are you actually saying that you can get around this bug?". It's a great game and I really want to continue playing it.

I have a PAL system, also can you play NTSC game on the PAL machine using the backup loader?

P.S. Wii Chess/Secret Files/and lego indiana jones all worked fine.

mogwaimon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Endless Ocean NTSC 1:1 (I think) - Boots, but gives 'Disc can not be read' error on very first load screen with dolphin, tried IV and Wii pad hooks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: 😭