Hacking Backup Loader 0.3 Compatibility Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sentinel5000

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, the thing is that I really dont understand what does the column 1:1 means, some have yes, some have no and some have yes/no, wich I really dont know what means, and knowing that the majority of you guys already had your games patched, then i ask just to make sure.

In the wiki it says that SMG works with some chopyness in the videos, and that warioland doesnt load, but since I dont understand that column then I want to make sure if thats patched or not...

manuel88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys I want to use both the v0.1 and the v0.3 but it seems like there is not solution for that. Every time I want to play Star wars I have to install the cIOS249 AND THE DVDX thing you know .and if I want to play mario kar wii I have to uninstall everything and install the new IOS THE WIIGATOR ONE. SO DO YOU GUYS KNOW ANY SOLUTION???

Fat Slaughter Ba

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
devriley.10gbfreehost.com
XP
Country
Canada
sentinel5000 said:
Well, the thing is that I really dont understand what does the column 1:1 means, some have yes, some have no and some have yes/no, wich I really dont know what means, and knowing that the majority of you guys already had your games patched, then i ask just to make sure.

In the wiki it says that SMG works with some chopyness in the videos, and that warioland doesnt load, but since I dont understand that column then I want to make sure if thats patched or not...

1:1 means it isn't a patched copy of the ISO.

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
http://www.hiei-tf.fr/Backup_Loader_0-3_Co...ility_List.html

I was fed up by the wiki which is constantly modified (back to 0.1 tests for some games, some wrong entries not corrected, etc...) so I decided to start from the page 50 of this thread, read all the posts, merge the results to try to do a "decent compatibility list".

After, you like/use it or not, everybody have the choice.

For now, I read page 50 to 40 (both of those pages included).

For some games, I didn't manage to find if it was a bad burning of the tester or not so here's a list and feel free to comment if the game is working or not for you (with some precise details, Region, 1:1 or Decrypted, etc...)

Oh, and if some peoples see some errors on the list, feel free to report them. If at least two-three peoples are confirming a game isn't working when its stated as "working", I'll correct the entry.

Edit : I forgot to put the list of the games I need some confirmations :

Captain Rainbow :

Code:
Well according to this wiki page Captain Rainbow works. On a US system well I couldn't get it to work. The game never loaded. Also on Lego Batman when I tried to go the Batcave the game locked up and stop.

Final Fantasy: Chocobo's Dungeon :

Code:
After getting back the memory of the blacksmith and she sends you to deliver some flowers to the priest, when you talk to the priest the game hangs and you get a Disc Error, not sure if anyone is been able to get past that or if it was just my burn.

Jillian Michaels Fitness 2009 :

Code:
I want to play Jillian Michaels fintness 2009. With WIU1.1 the game will not work for me, i have convert to pal and deleted the update, the only thing i will get is just a Green screen.

No More Heroes :

QUOTE said:
No More Heroes PAL 1:1 TDK works... but crashses when going to Job Center D: (NTSC/?)

NFS Pro Street

Scarface - The World ends with You :

QUOTE said:
I don't think Scarface: The world ends with you [NTSC] works on v0.3. But it DID work on 0.1.

Super Paper Mario :

QUOTE said:
Super Paper Mario PAL 1:1 TDK works past 2-3
And the Super Paper mario also gets stuck in the chapter 2-4 when you deposit all the rupees. A soon fix will be appreciated

Spyro :

QUOTESpyro PAL, Decrypted - DVD Ident Error in Loader, tried all different configs

Zak & Wiki :

it takes about 7 seconds to load the wii strap screen, then another 7 seconds to get to say loading.. then stays there for sometime then hangs!!

tnt118

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sentinel5000 said:
Has anyone tried Warioland shake it NTSC-U or Super Mario Galaxy NTSC-U 1:1 (non patched)?? If so, does any of those work with the new loader?

SMG, 1:1, NTSC-U, is so far working for me just about 100%. A little stuttering during during the longer cutscenes, but gameplay is fine. I'm through 2 galaxies, but I don't know what percent of the overall game that is.

ultimasnake

Trophies
XP
Country
My Sims (scrubbed) : PAL

Wii - European 3.2e
CIOS v6
Wiigator 0.3 (default settings)

Dvd+r : 3x burning speed

Game works rather well, a bit choppy when loading in character modus. Movies Lag.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Wario the shake dimension (scrubbed) : PAL

Wii - European 3.2e
CIOS v6
Wiigator 0.3 (default settings)

Dvd+r : 3x burning speed

Movies are still choppie (mostly the sound), game on the other hand works PERFECT!!

Going to buy DVD-R which seem to work better with other games (but i ran out) will report back on that.

Agjsdfd

My title
Trophies
XP
Country
Mario Kart Wii PAL - Burnt on JVC DVD-R
Mario Kart Wii PAL - Burnt on Sony DVD-R

Mario Kart Wii Pal - Burnt on Woolworths DVD-R

SO basically I wanted to be sure that my Sony DVD-R are not bad-discs. I have made lots of Data disc with the Sony DVD-Rs and they all work fine. Also JVC DVD-R fails...
So does DVD brand matter? I cant understand.. I burnt the same Mario Kart-ISO 3 copies.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@Kamui
Which speed did you use? I always use ImgBurn with maximum supported speed. After selecting the image and inserting the DVD-R there should be something like this on the right side:

Optiarc DVD RW AD-7540A 1.42 (ATA) [my Burner]
Current Profile: DVD+R

Disc Information:
Erasable: No
Free Sectors: 2.295.104
Free Space: 4.700.372.992 bytes
Free Time: 510:03:29 (MM:SS:FF)
Supported Write Speeds: 2,4x; 4x; 6x; 8x

If you are sure your burner supports the highest speed then use it. Maybe ImgBurn checks this too, because these are 16x DVD+Rs and in another burner i can burn with 16x. I never had a problem with bad burns, except one DVD+R without bitsetting.

quim69

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
Kamui said:
So does DVD brand matter? I cant understand.. I burnt the same Mario Kart-ISO 3 copies.
It's not so much the brand that matters but the Dye type, and who made the dye.

use dvdinfopro or imgburn to read the Media ID of the discs. MCC (verbatim) and TY/YUDENT (Taiyo Yuden) are pretty much the best discs but others will work too - just the quality may not be as high.

Anything that is Ritek, CMC, Prodisc etc is generally just junk.

Agjsdfd

My title
Trophies
XP
Country
@Wiipower
I burn all of them at 2.4x

@quim69
Manufacturer ID: CMC MAG. AE1 => Woolworths, is the one which seems to be working best on my Wii...
Manufacturer ID: SONY16D1 => Sony, only few patched games run on Wii.
Manufacturer ID: JVC VP-R47DEV => JVC, tried just 1 disc 1:1, and didnt run.

All disc I burn, I always use 2.4x.
Seems that CMC, the one you call junk works best for Wii.. lol
blink.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@Kamui

Does ImgBurn lists 2,4x under Supported Write Speeds? I thought this is a DVD+R only write speed. If you force your burner to use an unsupported speed this WILL cause bad burns.

quim69

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
Try burning at 8x or 12/16x.

The problem with CMC (and Ritek) is their longevity - they should record fine but don't plan on your data still being on them in a few years. If you are OK with that then by all means use them. If you want a disc that is both very readable by the wii AND will last a long time I recommend Verbatim discs (but not any made in india - only Japan or Taiwan).

Golfje said:
I want to play Jillian Michaels fintness 2009. With WIU1.1 the game will not work for me, i have convert to pal and deleted the update, the only thing i will get is just a Green screen.
Sounds like you are tying to Force PAL/Force PAL60 - which will result in a green screen. Either use default settings or Force NTSC and it will work.

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
ppc_gba : Which one if you know ? PAL ? NTSC ? Both ?

ultimasnake : Do you confirm it work even when loading the secret stage 1-2 (Disturbing Tomb) ?

For the burned DVD, I personally use classic Verbatim, DVD-R burned at 2x which seems to works fine.

Will continue to update the list tonight.

Patryc

Trophies
XP
Country
quim69 said:
Kamui said:
It's not so much the brand that matters but the Dye type, and who made the dye.

use dvdinfopro or imgburn to read the Media ID of the discs. MCC (verbatim) and TY/YUDENT (Taiyo Yuden) are pretty much the best discs but others will work too - just the quality may not be as high.

Anything that is Ritek, CMC, Prodisc etc is generally just junk.

Read the above. Forget about brands. This is good advice.

Also burn speed is not that important. QUALITY IS. Save you a lot of money in the long run. I never burn coasters.

Sora Master2.0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wario Land Shake it! [NTSC]- v.3 Burned using Sony DVD-R
Works with my other backups. Loads to black screen and stays there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You woke sob +2