Hacking Backup Loader 0.3 Compatibility Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prawnmatic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Would just like to confirm that Okami [PAL] is not working. I tested using a patched and 1:1, the patched was working with 0.1 & cios_fix.

I tested the following patched games and they all worked - (I would've updated the wiki but its a little bit busy with edits at the moment.) All are PAL games unless noted and all were tested on PAL system

Samba De Amigo
Harvest Moon:MM
Bully
No More Heroes [NTSC]
NiGHTS
Boom Blox

Thanks to everyone involved with a special thanks to Waninkoko and Wiigator.

7iki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone help me out here i got this new loader installed it and ran the cios, however no games will work (notw: i still have the old 0.1 chann) i can figure out y i been rading and cant find a answer mabey u guys can help.

games im trying to run are

Mario Strikers Charged
Mario and Sonic at the olymipics

(mabey a link to a nice lil FAQ or a how to)

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
right quick questions.

new loader, new cIOS.

downloaded the files but this time the cIOS is a dol not wad so i figure i wont be installing it the same way as the old one. but do i need to un-install the cios36_rev5 and fix before installing the new one?

also havent read whether dvdx still needs to be around since 0.3 has been releaed. so can i un-install that or should i just leave it where its at?

TyrianCubed

Gamer 1989 to present
Trophies
Website
www.gamescollection.it
XP
Country
Italy
with loader 0.3 beta, Pal Wii 3.3E (first version) De Blob (PAL) 1:1 doesn't work.
Gives "Eject disc" screen when trying to create a profile to start the game.
The cIOS installed are the cIOS5+shop update and the one which came with the loader.

hughjass

Trophies
Website
www.marcreeves.co.uk
XP
Country
Here are my results so far with 0.3, with PAL wii. All games burned on signalex dvd +r, booktyped to DVD-ROM.

Wii Play (PAL, scrubbed, patched) - Works 100% (Although the picture is like, lower in quality, or something. Can't describe it really but it's no big deal.)

Mario Strikers Charged (PAL, Scrubbed, Patched) - 100 % perfect. Like original copy, no difference in loading time or anything. Wifi doesn't appear to be working though.

Links Crossbow training (PAL, patched) - NOT WORKING. Hangs on or after health and safety thingamajig. Might try it unpatched but not sure if it's a game worth wasting another dvdr on.

I'd just like to thank waninkoko & wiigator for their huge amount of effort and work. I, for one, really appreciate it, as im sure many others do. Thanks!!

yukine

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mikeyt1998 said:
right quick questions.

new loader, new cIOS.

downloaded the files but this time the cIOS is a dol not wad so i figure i wont be installing it the same way as the old one. but do i need to un-install the cios36_rev5 and fix before installing the new one?

also havent read whether dvdx still needs to be around since 0.3 has been releaed. so can i un-install that or should i just leave it where its at?
Yes, uninstall the old CIOS using Waninkoko's Custom IOS Uninstaller, uninstall DVDX as well as it is no longer needed. To uninstall DVDX just launch it and select Uninstall.

Sora Master2.0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I try to load a game I got "No DVD" error thing. All my games worked on V.1 and still do. Help plz. Srry if this has been stated before I haven't seen anything so I thought I'd ask.

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
CHANNEL WAD OF 0.3 loader
http://www.mediafire.com/?kinynkzd2zm

TESTED AND CONFIRMED PERSONALLY INJECTED and TESTED IT
wink.gif

(btw holy shit does naruto ever work better! wooot!)
QUOTE said:
When I try to load a game I got "No DVD" error thing. All my games worked on V.1 and still do. Help plz. Srry if this has been stated before I haven't seen anything so I thought I'd ask.

1: is it a patched ISO if so MANY "patched" AKA /decrypted iso's (from my experience tonight) are not working... However if you re-obtain the ISO and burn it WITHOUT patching it you may find it will work very well! Mario Kart is a good example of this...

2:t another good tip for a fellow gaming friend... go ahead and see what games ARE currently working, skim through the past ten pages NO i dont mean read it ALL if you dont want to...But skim for the game you are testing do yourself a favor and help others to help you bro
wink.gif
you may well find your answer is only a page or so back
wink.gif

Question for ya as well?

Did you install the new CIOS via the internet by running the CIOS installer included in the package (will need you to be online first or have the files needed for install on your SD card
wink.gif

Did you try to set the hook device to GC pad? DO YOU HAVE TO FORCE REGION or can you boot it without that option
wink.gif

just a few things to ask yourself and make sure you have on the chack list bud
wink.gif

LegendaryXM90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm...ok, that was weird.

Maybe No More Heroes [NTSC - Patched] isn't working as flawlessly as I thought. I was riding my bike down the road at near top speed, and during a long straightaway, the game made this loud high-pitched buzzing noise and it froze.

Oh well, game still works good so far.

djgarf

I Am A Raver
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
mikeyt1998 said:
@Yukine

is it necessary to uninstall using waninkoko's custom IOS uninstaller?

i installed both via wad so could i just take them off using wad manager?

that is how i uninstalled it,by using the uninstall option in wad manager and it's fine

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
if you HAD a previous CIOS installed you can just install over it and it will work ( I can confirm that) updated via network and cios installer..

QUOTE said:
Is this one you made yourself or is this the one that that other guy made.

NAH BRO i didnt make shit really LOL I took an existing 0.2 channel and just INJECTED the 0.3 dol using Auto injectawad 0.3
wink.gif
this means there is NO risk of a brick i did NOT FUCK WITH ANY BANNERS THERE BRO
wink.gif

FURTHER MORE I HAVE BEEN USING THE CHANNEL SINCE THIS MORNING
tongue.gif

here is the source of the WAD itself (or where i got the wad i injected
wink.gif

http://www.wehackwii.com/2008/10/new-wii-b...el-version.html

i injected THAT wad with the New DOL file and now it will boot the 0.3 version loader

IF YOU WANT A DIFFERENT VERSION LIKE WINGED CHANNEL OR GOLD CHANNEL just post the WAD and i will re-inject the 0.3 dol for you (not that it is a hard thing to do by any means at all lol)

Sora Master2.0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
vettacossx said:
CHANNEL WAD OF 0.3 loader
http://www.mediafire.com/?kinynkzd2zm

TESTED AND CONFIRMED PERSONALLY INJECTED and TESTED IT
wink.gif

(btw holy shit does naruto ever work better! wooot!)
QUOTE said:

1: is it a patched ISO if so MANY "patched" AKA /decrypted iso's (from my experience tonight) are not working... However if you re-obtain the ISO and burn it WITHOUT patching it you may find it will work very well! Mario Kart is a good example of this...

2:t another good tip for a fellow gaming friend... go ahead and see what games ARE currently working, skim through the past ten pages NO i dont mean read it ALL if you dont want to...But skim for the game you are testing do yourself a favor and help others to help you bro
wink.gif
you may well find your answer is only a page or so back
wink.gif

Question for ya as well?

Did you install the new CIOS via the internet by running the CIOS installer included in the package (will need you to be online first or have the files needed for install on your SD card
wink.gif

Did you try to set the hook device to GC pad? DO YOU HAVE TO FORCE REGION or can you boot it without that option
wink.gif

just a few things to ask yourself and make sure you have on the chack list bud
wink.gif
I apologize for not stating all this. But I think I know my problem. All my games are patched so that could be it right there. But I didn't need to force anything and yes I have the newest IOS. I think it's the fact that thee patched. I will try Battle Rev when I finish getting it. Thank you for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: fellow EST resident here, it's noon for me too