Hacking Backup Launchers not working help please

sKeEt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
idk what the hell happened today. i have a softmod 3.2 and have been playing burned games for a while and all of a sudden none of my backup launchers will load. I'm not saying it won't load the game i'm saying when i load up the launcher itself i just get the launcher's background and a black screen in the middle. can't launch any games now. This doesn't make any sense to me because i have done nothing to my wii for the backup launcher to suddenly not load anymore.

the only thing i can think of is that i deleted the ios38, 53, and 55 wads from my sd card. now that it stopped working i put them back on and reinstalled them and rev8 installer. still not working.

sKeEt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks guys that really helped
glare.gif

sKeEt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so idk what else to do. i tried the cios installer again but but when it gets to the screen that says press a to start or turn off that's as far as it goes. i press a and nothing happens all i can do is turn off my wii. the any title deleter sounds like it might be useful for fixing this but i don't know what files i need to look for.

i was thinking about downgrading again but i'm already at 3.2 and i'm not sure how helpful that will be.

luser404

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Calm down mang.

"Softmod" is vague. How is your wii modded ?

I've had a similar problem using cios36_rev8 with the gamma launcher running from the HBC. The cause was a corrupt SD card. I replaced the SD card and everything was fine. You might try reformatting yours before replacing it. If you are using custom channels for your launchers then this of course does not apply.

Downgrading shouldn't be necessary and probably won't help.

To install cIOS36_rev8 via the offline (wad) method, you need to put the file "IOS36-64-v1042.wad" in the ROOT of your SD card, NOT in a "wad" folder or anywhere else.

Oh, and don't mess with ATD if you don't know what you are doing.

Good Luck.

sKeEt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry but i'm a little agitated because i have been trying to fix this for the past 5 hours and no one is helping me

i used the twilight hack to install hbc on my wii and then downgraded from 3.4 to 3.2, used cios installer to load backup games, installed a launcher channel and started copying games and playing them.

when i got madworld i was told i had to install ios38, 53, and 55 wads and a gamma 002 error fix which i did. it still didn't work so i installed rev8 and i don't remember if i did it properly, anyway madworld didn't work until i decided to try rebooting with hooks and madworld started working.

since then i made 5 more games which were working. i ran out of cd's and started downloading and installing wiiware titles. when installing my life as a king i saw the ios38, 53, and 55 wads and decided to remove them thinking i no longer needed them. i haven't realized they effected my backup launchers and was playing my life as a king for a couple of days.

today i tried playing backup wii games only to find that the backup launchers didn't load and now i'm here trying to find out how to fix it.

this is the entire process i went through modding my wii

luser404

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
OK

Did you simply delete the IOS wads from your SD card, or did you uninstall the IOSes via WadManager ? Simply deleting the wads from the SD card can't and won't affect anything.

You still haven't told me if you are A.) running the backup loaders(s) from custom channels or B.) from the Homebrew Channel. If you are using custom channels, try instead to launch your backup loaders from the HBC.

I'm suspecting you may have installed a bad wad playing about with wiiware/vc crap. Have you tried uninstalling said wads and then loading Gamma ?

First try launching from HBC; tell me what happens.

One last: Backup Launcher Gamma will freeze sometimes if you try to load it without a disc in the drive. You are putting the disk in first, yes ? It is a good burn that worked before, correct? Sorry if that sounds like an insulting question but I'd love for your problem to be that simple...

sKeEt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes i did just simply delete them from my sd card, i did not uninstall, that's why i'm confused someone told me that they were needed

i tried running first from my custom channel and again from the homebrew channel both wouldn't load and at the time there was a disc inside that had previously worked many times before.

upon realizing the files i deleted i put them back and installed them, still didn't work, uninstalled them, still didn't work, reinstalled them, and again still didn't work

tried cios installer, wouldn't install after pressing a button.

uninstalled and reinstalled cios fix and practically every other wad file in the folder, still didn't work...

sKeEt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
now that i tried the backup launcher from the homebrew channel again i get an "exeption (DSI) occured!" a whole lot of GPR00 - GPR31 codes and a code dump at the bottom

luser404

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Don't install wads helter-skelter. This isn't going to help, and might make things worse. Sounds like you have a corrupt cIOS install. cios_fix.wad is a cIOS that isn't suitable for backup launcher gamma.

You need to get cIOS36_Rev7 or Rev8 reinstalled. Rev8 is highly recommended. You say "cios installer" failed. Which one? There are a few. How did it fail ? What was the error code, if any?

You really should install cIOS36_Rev8. Have you tried this version ?

sKeEt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CIOS installer version 0.3 gamma coded by wiigator. When i say it failed I mean when i load it up it brings me to the screen that says

"This program is a modification of patchmii, and is unsupported and not condoned by the original authors of it. The backup loader modification is solely the work of WiiGator. This version includes optimizations made by Waninkoko.

cIOS installer v7 by WiiGator
if you get an error, you need to downgrade your Wii first
USE ON YOUR OWN RISK!

Press A to continue (TAKE THE RISK).
SWitch off if you have any fear."

I press A and nothing happens and i have to turn off my wii

i tried installing cIOS36_Rev8 but the readme that came with it wasn't very descriptive which is why i was unsure if i installed it correctly. i am downloading another one now and i will try to install it

so should i uninstall cios_fix?

luser404

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You can "uninstall" cios_fix by installing cIOS36_rev8. The offline (wad) install is my method of choice. To do this, put the installer in your \apps directory on the SD and the file "IOS36-64-v1042.wad" in the ROOT of your SD card. This wad isn't included with the installer, and linking to it would be illegal. Try google to find it.

Alternatively, you can just use the online install method if you have wifi. (Select install method with the D-pad once you start the Rev8 installer).

What exactly are you downloading now ? You only need the installer and the wad file I mentioned to get up and running, I'm nearly certain now.

Anyone please correct me if I'm wrong on all this.

sKeEt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cIOS36_rev8-Installer

installed it correctly i believe this time.

backup launchers still not working

luser404

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Assuming that you know how to select the IOS in SoftChip, then if you cannot select IOS 249, you do not have the proper cIOS installed.

I would try the cIOS installer again, this time using the wad method of installation as outlined in my previous post, if you did not already do so.

If this doesn't resolve your problem, I'm afraid I've reached the end of my knowledge on the matter. But don't say no one here tried to help; I've done my best.

peace.

sKeEt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what do you mean the wad installation method

if you mean the rev8 installer i already did that but i'll do it again

since we now know that i do not have the proper cIOS installed wouldn't the cIOS installer fix my problem if i could just get it to work

sKeEt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes it does it always displays the background but the middle screen always stays blank and i have to turn off my wii

sKeEt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 you also asked if my GC memory cards are plugged in. yes they are. how does that effect my launchers? I will remove them and try loading it again

Posts merged

wow as soon as i removed them the launcher menu was visible.

what the hell is that all about?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: