Hacking Backup Launcher by Wiigator

bdbrain

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First post. Yeah, I've been trolling for awhile... Anyways- working with the 0.3 beta loader for me so far:

*Endless Ocean *- NTSC - Patched/Decrypted with backup-creator - Works perfectly! Fast load times. No problems. *This one always froze with previous loaders.
*Madden 09 All Play* - NTSC - Patched/Decrypted with backup-creator - Works perfectly! Fast load times. No problems. *This one always froze with previous loaders.
*Warioware Smooth Moves* - NTSC - 1:1 (not patched) - Works well. Intro video lags a little, but much better than before. Fast game load times.

Not working for me so far:
*Star Wars: The Force Unleahed - NTSC - Patched/Decrypted with backup-creator. Gives error message before loading initial strap warning screen. This disc worked for me with 0.1.
*The Simpsons Game* - NTSC - Patched/Decrypted with backup-creator - Gives error message after loading initial strap warning screen. This disc worked for me with 0.1.
*Spongebob Atlantis Squarepantis* - NTSC - Patched/Decrypted with backup-creator - Gives error message after loading initial strap warning screen. This worked with 0.1.

Trying to get the rest of my games backed up with dvd dumper over the wifi. As you guys know, it takes a few hours per game. Will add further on my other games when I can. I will also try burning the patched games that didn't work with the 1:1 isos that I dumped to see if that helps matters.

Cheers and props to the gator, wanin, and everyone involved with this project. You are doing us gamers with children who like to scratch up discs a HUGE service with this loader.

Oh, and pardon my ignorance, but is there a compatibility thread or wiki going somewhere??? ** found compatibility threat by searching... sorry about that....

P

philco

EDIT : On the fifth try, it passed through... don't know why...

I have a trouble with CIos v6 installer :
I have a message
ios00240412 'downloading IOS36 metadat from internet...'
then
'initializing network'
then
'failed to allocate temp buffer for encrypted content .....'
and it return to homebrew channel

I had v01 installed, I removed old cios (through wad + uninstall cios v1.1.... but same message is coming

Any Clue ?

EDIT : the first backup of one of my game : 'familly ski' was working on the old V0.1 launcher.... and it brings now an error message ' shut down .... turn the console off..'

LAA

Trophies
XP
Country
philco said:
EDIT : On the fifth try, it passed through... don't know why...

I have a trouble with CIos v6 installer :
I have a message
ios00240412 'downloading IOS36 metadat from internet...'
then
'initializing network'
then
'failed to allocate temp buffer for encrypted content .....'
and it return to homebrew channel

I had v01 installed, I removed old cios (through wad + uninstall cios v1.1.... but same message is coming

Any Clue ?

EDIT : the first backup of one of my game : 'familly ski' was working on the old V0.1 launcher.... and it brings now an error message ' shut down .... turn the console off..'

I had that problem.
Its to do with the internet connection.
My internet was off, and when I tried to install the cIOS, it came up with that.
When I put it back on, it worked like a charm.
Try checking your internet connection.

EDIT: Can someone help me?
This BETA cant play games such as Star Wars and Okami and they come up with a message saying "Eject Wii Disc and switch off wii".
I hope I dont sound ungrateful either, Wario Land was the only game I could look at the speed and it was MUCH quicker than 0.1, and I'm very impressed with this BETA.
I'm just confused because you want a bigger compatibility matrix, and for all we know, they might already be fixed in this other version, its just confusing...

Glenn-nl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know im a total noob at this, but when I'm in the homebrew channel, and select the update or the cIOS installer it stays like forever on 0%, could someone please explain to me what I might be doing wrong?

LegendaryXM90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tried NTSC DBZ:BT3 1:1.

I started up the game, left the company logos running, switched over to watch some TV, came back, and I had a disc read error.

Also, tried to do the first scenario of Saiyan Saga, and got a disc read error.

Anyone else experience this?

Sora Master2.0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am so sad....
I got this error everytime I try to load any game, patched or un patched, all NTSC, forced NTSc and no forced NTSC.
Error:Not real DVD or something like that. The words cross over each other. Someone have any idea what I did wrong?
Btw I updated to 3.3 on accident a few days ago so if you think thats it plz let me know.

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
So, um... Does having a game patched with Waninkoko's program matter if it's still playable in this new beta?

I've noticed the videos in Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn don't lag as much now. Although load times still feel a bit slow, it isn't too important.

P

philco

hi,

I have some backups which were working on version 0.1...

Is there a way to have the v0.1 & the v0.3 installed together ?

Lafie

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
My 2 cents about the 'Game Disc could not be read.' error in relation to this new loader.
The game gives that error message, whenever it doesn't get the right data (or no data at all) from the disc. So naturally, the problem is with Wiigator's custom dvd read code. What I think (and I can't be sure, ofcourse) is that Wiigator either removed or didn't add certain sanity/integrity checks when reading the discs, probably to improve speed.
This can also explain, why some people get the error with all games, and others only with some, because with a bad DVD media or a dodgy burn, the integrity checks become much more important, because bad data will come along faster with bad DVD media.
Ofcourse, the above is complete speculation, but I'm pretty certain the problem is rather trivial and if found, pretty easy to fix (i.e. doesn't require major rewrite of code).

P.S. It could also be that the loader uses certain memory addresses as buffer, which are actually in use by other wii processes, but this doesn't explain the error quite that well.

worldwriter

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
supposedly the two loaders will work together if you did not uninstall the previous version of the cios befor you installed the new version, I can't verify this as I did uninstall before installing and my .1 is now nonfunctional, I'd like to know if it is safe to reinstall the old cios (R5) over the new one... safe meaning will .3 still work?

Lafie

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
worldwriter said:
supposedly the two loaders will work together if you did not uninstall the previous version of the cios befor you installed the new version, I can't verify this as I did uninstall before installing and my .1 is now nonfunctional, I'd like to know if it is safe to reinstall the old cios (R5) over the new one... safe meaning will .3 still work?
No, .3 will not work if you do that. You could try to uninstall .3, install .1 and then install .3 over that one again. But it's not guaranteed to work, I personally think it won't work.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Glenn-nl said:
I know im a total noob at this, but when I'm in the homebrew channel, and select the update or the cIOS installer it stays like forever on 0%, could someone please explain to me what I might be doing wrong?
Its trying to download files off the internet - your internet connection is disabled - download my zip files and try from that as i have all the files on the zip already to save the wii having to download them.
It may also be that you have a USB or Gamecube controller plugged in - plug everything that you dont need out of the device.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
PikaZeroX said:
Will installing the safe Wii Shop+IOS51 update conflict with the new cIOS for the backup loader?

No thats basically the cIOS nintendo released (but the bad bits taken out) and the shop channel updated - everything on the new loader still works

LAA

Trophies
XP
Country
MickeyBlue said:
I see that you often speak of individual games (1:1) but what does his mean?

1:1 means an unpatched game.
So you get the game ISO and burn it onto a disc.
You dont do anything to the ISO.
(Again, if anyone has the other BETA version, please send me it, none of my games are working...)

thetonman

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.freegamesforwii.info
XP
Country
Listen Guys those of you that are getting " The Disc Cannot be Read " Error message have you tried changing the hook type to GC Pad.

i was getting the same error for Rebel Raiders but when I changed to force Pal 60 Vid Patch yes and hook type GC pad all works perfectly. Don't know if this will work for everyone but please at least try it and see if that fixes any of the errors. Would be interesting to know???

Thetonman

EDIT: Just about to try Family Ski which someone reported the same error so will update later.

PS Big up to WiiGator and Waninkoko this release RULES!!!!

MickeyBlue

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
LAA said:
MickeyBlue said:
I see that you often speak of individual games (1:1) but what does his mean?

1:1 means an unpatched game.
So you get the game ISO and burn it onto a disc.
You dont do anything to the ISO.
(Again, if anyone has the other BETA version, please send me it, none of my games are working...)

Ok Thanks
wink.gif
For Description

quim69

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
NTSC games on a PAL console using RGB cables display in red. Wii Music crashes at a green screen if PAL50 or 60 is forced, if Force NTSC is enabled (or nothing is enabled) it works obviously, but again with red screen . Anyway of getting it to work in proper colour?

AFAIK Gecko OS was patched at some point to fix the red screen problem - any chance that will be included in the backup loader too?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Welp