Hacking Backup Launcher by Wiigator

james4204

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorox said:
Sora Master2.0 said:
Guiz, maybe you can help. I am an idiot. ;( I updated via the shop channel. Do you think it will still work with this? I'll go ahead and try, but in the meantime, is there anything I can do to like downgrade then just use the patch mii thing? Alos, is this beta V.3 have a channel? If so plz link me to it. Thank you for any and all help.

1: Apparently, it doesnt work anymore if you updated. Then again, i havent really checked.
2: Read the first page of the wii hacking forum. Look for a Backup launcher v.03 channel thread

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ive got my own questions.
1: Does 1:1 mean un-patched?
2: Has anyone tried SW:TFU NTSC un-patched?

Thanks in advcance

1:1 means an exact copy of the original

Luriden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
deervark said:
my .1 loader is no longer working. is this normal, has anyone else encountered this?

It's because you installed a new cIOS. My guess is it's incompatible with 0.1. Uninstall that, reinstall the cIOS you used for 0.1 and try it.

Venom228

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
ok thx man
smile.gif

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Luriden said:
Unpatched ST:TFU NTSC doesn't work. The game is unplayable at this point. You'll have to use 0.1 if you want to play that. And yes, 1:1 means unpatched.

The new backup launcher should work even if you've updated, as long as you run it through the Homebrew Channel. I haven't updated my firmware yet myself, but from what I've read you can no longer install WADs so you'll have to be without a channel for it for awhile. There might already be a workaround for it, check some previous threads for info on that.
that's simply not true. you got to have cios v.6 installed on your wii. if you don't have it or one of the previous versions installed before you updated you won't be able to use the loader. period.

worldwriter

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi there, been lurking for a while,

Mario Party 8 (patched) NTSC - working perfectly

Mario Kart PAL (forced NTSC) (Patched) (tried with and with out GC hook) - black screen

Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess (patched) NTSC - works perfect

Mario Galaxy Pal (patched)(forced NTSC) works perfect

Force Unleashed Pal (patched) (forced NTSC) eject disk message

I also tried using .1 loader and found that it would not try to access the drive so I reinstalled DVDX which allowed it to access the drive but then it gave a bad dump from game while loading... so it appears that .1 is not usable with the new Cios

thanks wiigator:)

Sora Master2.0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorox said:
Sora Master2.0 said:
Guiz, maybe you can help. I am an idiot. ;( I updated via the shop channel. Do you think it will still work with this? I'll go ahead and try, but in the meantime, is there anything I can do to like downgrade then just use the patch mii thing? Alos, is this beta V.3 have a channel? If so plz link me to it. Thank you for any and all help.

1: Apparently, it doesnt work anymore if you updated. Then again, i havent really checked.
2: Read the first page of the wii hacking forum. Look for a Backup launcher v.03 channel thread

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks in advcance

Thankx.

QUOTE(deervark @ Oct 25 2008, 02:31 PM)
my .1 loader is no longer working. is this normal, has anyone else encountered this?
Strange. My patched games that I tried(De Blob, Fire Emblem, Wario Land) don't work on V.3, but when I tried them on V.1(cept Wario Land) they worked like normal.

Luriden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Screemer said:
Luriden said:
Unpatched ST:TFU NTSC doesn't work. The game is unplayable at this point. You'll have to use 0.1 if you want to play that. And yes, 1:1 means unpatched.

The new backup launcher should work even if you've updated, as long as you run it through the Homebrew Channel. I haven't updated my firmware yet myself, but from what I've read you can no longer install WADs so you'll have to be without a channel for it for awhile. There might already be a workaround for it, check some previous threads for info on that.
that's simply not true. you got to have cios v.6 installed on your wii. if you don't have it or one of the previous versions installed before you updated you won't be able to use the loader. period.

Ah, gotcha. I should have looked into that more before making an assumption. Thanks for the info, I'll keep that in mind.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I posted this in another thread too, but it was the last post on a page so I guess it went unnoticed. So again:
My Wii has a modchip. But still, out of curiosity and wanting to keep up with everything, I'd like to try this backuploader. I assume there is no harm in installing the new v6 cios, I have also installed v4 now to use with the dvd dumper for example.
I have a lot of backup games. Unpatched of course, as I was running them on a modded system. Could I try to run these discs through the backup loader to help test the compatiblity, or would that give false positive results because of the chip?

IronMask

Official WiiStuntman First to Test ciosCorp!
Trophies
Website
ironmaskshideout.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Sorox said:
Sora Master2.0 said:

Thanks in advcance

i am using a patched version of SW TFU-NTSC and is working great on new loader. My bad it was unpatched...

backuplauncher3finalartdm1.jpg

This is something I posted in another thread lemme know if it is something someone want to make a channel with...(pm me)
I thought it would fit this moment..

Try uninstalling all cios's you had before installing the new one wiigator supplied... I know he says you can install over it but it didn't work like that for me...i had to uninstall both the cios fix and the other cios then go to homebrew and install the new cios via wifi...and then it loaded fine...and I erased everything of the old...because the new does all...

Sonic4Ever

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Sonic4Ever said:
Hmm... Maybe i'll give it a try... Questions!

Does this custom IOS and this backup launcher have an influence on my legit games?

If I'm not happy of it is there a way to uninstall both the custom IOS and the backup launcher so that my Wii will work as before? (drive speed and all)

Could someone answer?

jfjfjf

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sonic4Ever said:
Sonic4Ever said:
Hmm... Maybe i'll give it a try... Questions!

Does this custom IOS and this backup launcher have an influence on my legit games?

If I'm not happy of it is there a way to uninstall both the custom IOS and the backup launcher so that my Wii will work as before? (drive speed and all)

Could someone answer?

No, and Yes

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries