Hacking Backup Launcher by Wiigator

SpongeFreak52

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it's an NTSC ROM, you do NOT run it in PAL mode. Do NOT WiiFrii it to PAL, leave it as it is (NTSC), and just run it through Waninkoko's patcher.

Running it normally through GeckoOS 1.06 will display full color on NTSC/AV if it's an NTSC ROM.

Condukt365

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SpongeFreak52 said:
If it's an NTSC ROM, you do NOT run it in PAL mode. Do NOT WiiFrii it to PAL, leave it as it is (NTSC), and just run it through Waninkoko's patcher.

Running it normally through GeckoOS 1.06 will display full color on NTSC/AV if it's an NTSC ROM.
What about NTSC-J?

RiPPn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blast Works NTSC now works near flawless with Gecko OS v1.06 BE, it wasn't working at all with the original loader. The only issue is there is some sound glitching, but the game itself runs great, load times are even pretty quick.

zant

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Excellent work guys. Now since it's open source, we'll have a flood of new features. Hopefully, well get more compatibility and faster loading speed soon.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Condukt365 said:
SpongeFreak52 said:

What about NTSC-J?
So basically, all the games I've burned thus far are useless. And I think NTSC will work, I'll try it out after I'm done reburning another game.

zant

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the speed is capped at 3x because of starlet (iThink)
its not so much as the code as it is a wii limitation. once they patch starlet, who knows what speed we can get? 24x maybe?
tongue.gif

Whtrvn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
the limit is 3x. apparently erant and others have tried to get past this speed limit, but it seems impossible (at the moment anyways). I had an Idea however. to find a method to recode in game cinematics to a lower bitrate, so that they can buffer properly at the lower drive speed. kinda like those psp ripkits to save space, trucha signer can modify the games, but it doesnt run on my machine so i cant start playing around with the files.

Matt Cese

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've installed Waninkoko's backup loader and replaced the dol, but how do I create the channel? Thanks! (sorry I'm such a noob)

...nevermind, I got it.

hollowtip

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been following both backup loaders but haven't seen either in action. after seeing Sluggers choppiness and the loading between batters, I'm going to wait until they hack the 3x issue.

I find it funny that some people say it's impossible to get around the 3x issue. Worst case scenario, somebody will find a solution in a month.

Luriden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (NTSC-U) now works on my NTSC Wii/TV with standard pack-in AV cables. In full color! Thanks! I need to try some more games now.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NTSC-US Mario Kart Wii works fine too. Though I don't think Wi-Fi works. I tried getting on Wi-Fi and I was about to race but then it said i was disconnected from the other players. Was that just the Wi-Fi? Or was it that Wi-Fi rejecting the backup?

zant

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thats another problem i dont understand......... whose fault is it? The backup loader, or detection of wifi connection......

can sombody compile and post the new backup making tool?

pebls123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah now my star wars works in colour but i kept falling through the ground. Is that a glitch with the game or with this because i have passed that part already but needed to do it over and now cant pass without falling into space

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • AncientBoi
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: