Backup Launcher 0.3 gamma

--=ZerO=--

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
shameboy said:
So i just have to download the backup launcher 0.3 gamma files and put them on my SD card, then if it asks to replace something, can u say: yes to all? or do i need some old files to make it work? The first backup loader worked so i don't think i have to downgrade my wii... just need to be able to play new games 'cause the first one doesn't support them.

Yeah, you simply can install the newer cios over the old. there should be no problem with that. then replace the 0.1 dol with the 0.3 on your sd and enjoy... you don`t need any old files... ther is also no need for patching(uncrypting) the isos of most of the games as you did need with 0.1.
wink.gif

Moon_child

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
WiiPower said:
Moon_child said:
Is there even a next version coming? What else could they add?...

Optimised disc reading? (no i don't mean 6x)
IOS Version patching on the fly?
main.dol patches on the fly? (for improved region free capability for example)
A cIOS based on IOS55? (WiiGator already told that he is working at this)
Fix Sam & Max?
What's so great about IOS55?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Moon_child said:
WiiPower said:
Moon_child said:
Is there even a next version coming? What else could they add?...

Optimised disc reading? (no i don't mean 6x)
IOS Version patching on the fly?
main.dol patches on the fly? (for improved region free capability for example)
A cIOS based on IOS55? (WiiGator already told that he is working at this)
Fix Sam & Max?
What's so great about IOS55?

Nintendo told something about better dvd reading with 3.4 if i remember correctly. If there is, it's in IOS55. This would explain why Need for Speed Underground is unplayable slow for some people, because it requires better dvd reading even with 6x speed.

dMilesFox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
plagueseason said:
I tried Animal Crossing with this and everything seems to work fine, but the load times are kind of annoying, and there's this weird pause after entering/exiting houses and building before you can move your character.

Also, none of my backups work with the disc channel. It just doesn't recognize the discs. Did I do something wrong or is the support for this feature really that abysmal?

Where did you got ur copy of animal crossing: city folk??? I got my copy from a website I don't remember right now and its not working at all.

Can you help me!

bladepwnedyou

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I am having a bit of a noobish problem myself and i have no clue what to do about it, i have downgraded my wii to the right firmware, i have downloaded all the proper files and put them onto my sd card but when it comes time to install the CIOS installer it refuses to start up, it says press A and i do exactly that but nothing happens for whatever reason and i have no idea as to why it won't
dry.gif
. Again I'm a noob at this stuff so I don't have a great amount of knowledge of this, please help if you can thanks
smile.gif
, n my apologies if this question has been asked already because i couldn't find any others like it

WiiGator

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
bladepwnedyou said:
Hello, I am having a bit of a noobish problem myself and i have no clue what to do about it, i have downgraded my wii to the right firmware, i have downloaded all the proper files and put them onto my sd card but when it comes time to install the CIOS installer it refuses to start up, it says press A and i do exactly that but nothing happens for whatever reason and i have no idea as to why it won't
dry.gif
. Again I'm a noob at this stuff so I don't have a great amount of knowledge of this, please help if you can thanks
smile.gif
, n my apologies if this question has been asked already because i couldn't find any others like it
You need to remove everything from the GameCube Memory card slots.

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Q. My patched/decrypted game is not starting with the disc channel - Why?
A. Patched/decrypted games are not support by the disc channel, because there are some parts of the disc removed.
does this mean if i use wii brick blocker the game won't work.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fst312 said:
A. Patched/decrypted games are not support by the disc channel, because there are some parts of the disc removed.
No, what he means is patched games using the patcher in the early version. (You know, the waninkoko leaked one.) Wii Brick Blocker you can use and it should work.
smile.gif

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Raiyu245 said:
fst312 said:
No, what he means is patched games using the patcher in the early version. (You know, the waninkoko leaked one.) Wii Brick Blocker you can use and it should work.
smile.gif

the only reason i asked was because i'm using the wii Backup Launcher 0.3 gamma right now and i heard wii music makes you update.i forgot to use wii brick blocker and i didn't get a message to update.my wii is version 3.3U so maybe that was what the update for the game suppose to be.

bladepwnedyou

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm having another little problem, when it gets to a point of after 15/15 it starts to begin the installation and then i just get an error, it doesn't continue after that and just brings me back to the homebrew, i burnt the games and everything perfectly no problem and the backup loader starts up but i just get a disk error when i try to start the games up and i'm guessing its because the installation doesn't finish up, can anyone tell me whats wrong or how to make it finish so i don't get the error?

jerem98

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Wiigator , this version of the loader is very very good and thx for this but she begins to date and is always in gamma stade...
did you work on a final version who will be more stable and more playable ?
thx for your eventual reponse..

anuanu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all, I just bought my Wii like 4 days ago and my first thought was(after spending nearly $500)was to find out how to make backup copies of my games. After many hours of not knowing what i was doing i decided to find my game(Zelda: TW) on the internet via ISO. I downloaded the ISO and also downloaded a ISO burner and went to the store and bought some DVD-RW So i used the ISO burner to burn the ISO and then tried to play the backup copy of my game on my "un-chipped" Wii but it didnt work. So I found this site and found the backup launcher. I tried to follow the simple directions but i kept getting some kind of error when trying to install/update the cIOS. (Yes i have the homebrew channel and TW hack)

Could someone help this poor retarded souls
smile.gif

tr33b0r

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello this is my first attempt at getting home brew of any sort to work. I have run the twilight hack and installed the home brew channel. I then installed the cISO that came with ver 0.3 using the home brew channel. It downloaded all 15 files and seemed to have worked. Then i ran the backup launcher using the how brew channel but it would not work. When i attempt to reboot with hooks i get the message error loading menu when i try and boot the game from the back up launcher i get the message DVD read error 324 no cISO. I have read trough the read me and it suggests either that it is a media problem or that the cISO did not properly install because the ISO information on the back up launcher screen says iso 36 not 249. I am running ver 3.4E do i need to down grade (iv read through the whole tread and did not believe there was a clear answer to the downgrade question)

Jytach

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
anuanu said:
Hello all, I just bought my Wii like 4 days ago and my first thought was(after spending nearly $500)was to find out how to make backup copies of my games. After many hours of not knowing what i was doing i decided to find my game(Zelda: TW) on the internet via ISO. I downloaded the ISO and also downloaded a ISO burner and went to the store and bought some DVD-RW So i used the ISO burner to burn the ISO and then tried to play the backup copy of my game on my "un-chipped" Wii but it didnt work. So I found this site and found the backup launcher. I tried to follow the simple directions but i kept getting some kind of error when trying to install/update the cIOS. (Yes i have the homebrew channel and TW hack)

smile.gif

Sorry, we don't support pirates. Especially those who can't read tutorials.

QUOTEHello this is my first attempt at getting home brew of any sort to work. I have run the twilight hack and installed the home brew channel. I then installed the cISO that came with ver 0.3 using the home brew channel. It downloaded all 15 files and seemed to have worked. Then i ran the backup launcher using the how brew channel but it would not work. When i attempt to reboot with hooks i get the message error loading menu when i try and boot the game from the back up launcher i get the message DVD read error 324 no cISO. I have read trough the read me and it suggests either that it is a media problem or that the cISO did not properly install because the ISO information on the back up launcher screen says iso 36 not 249. I am running ver 3.4E do i need to down grade (iv read through the whole tread and did not believe there was a clear answer to the downgrade question)

You don't need to use any backup launcher to run homebrew.
Anyway, you don't need to downgrade, although it is highly recommended. Just install ©IOS 249 rev 7.
And please, it's IOS (input/output system) not ISO.

anuanu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jytach said:
anuanu said:

smile.gif

Sorry, we don't support pirates. Especially those who can't read tutorials.

Are you dumb? Can you not read? I said I own the actual game, but because idk what im doing I had to download the ISO of the GAME I ALREADY OWN. Please learn to read before accusing someone.

And just to make you happy along with the ISO i downloaded I also used magic ISO to turn my game...the one i own and am holding in my hand to turn it into an ISO then I used the ISO burner and put it on a DVD-RW and it still doesnt work.

So can anyone help me with my issue?

tr33b0r

Trophies
XP
Country
Jytach said:
You don't need to use any backup launcher to run homebrew.
Anyway, you don't need to downgrade, although it is highly recommended. Just install ©IOS 249 rev 7.
And please, it's IOS (input/output system) not ISO.

When i try to install ©IOS 249 rev 7 or any other wad i get the message ticket error (ret = - 2011) or some other message iv looked into it and it seems i have to down grade. Also sorry about the IOS ISO thing but well that’s dyslexia for you

Jytach

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
anuanu said:
Are you dumb? Can you not read? I said I own the actual game, but because idk what im doing I had to download the ISO of the GAME I ALREADY OWN. Please learn to read before accusing someone.

And just to make you happy along with the ISO i downloaded I also used magic ISO to turn my game...the one i own and am holding in my hand to turn it into an ISO then I used the ISO burner and put it on a DVD-RW and it still doesnt work.

So can anyone help me with my issue?

I'm sorry, but if you had to download an ISO of a game that you already own you shouldn't be trying to mod your wii. Trust me.
And yes I can read (although I dislike bad written texts). Sorry, but I think that you don't since all your questions have already been answered numerous times on these forums. I won't reply again, just use the search engine.

QUOTEWhen i try to install ©IOS 249 rev 7 or any other wad i get the message ticket error (ret = - 2011) or some other message iv looked into it and it seems i have to down grade. Also sorry about the IOS ISO thing but well that’s dyslexia for you
Did you install IOS 16 (IOS16-64-v257-prod) and cIOS_fix? Take a look at the "how to hack" tutorials as they cover this step.

--=ZerO=--

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Raiyu245 said:
Wii Brick Blocker you can use and it should work.
smile.gif

Why u should use it?
It makes no sense. GeckoOS, which is the base of the backup launcher
ignores any update partitions.

I don't know if WiiGator changed this, but i never got an "update nag" when using
the launcher...

QUOTE('nuke')My own apploader was written, and will completely ignore the update partition, no patching is done except a region flag which is required.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: No way, Switch pro will be next