Backup Launcher 0.3 beta

--=ZerO=--

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thank U, WiiGator!
grog.gif

Did anyone get the 0.1 loader working parallel to the 0.3?
There are some Games that worked with 0.1 and don't do with 0.3.
And i don't mean old Games...
For Example: StarWars - The Force Unleashed or De Blob

BomB

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Does this loader also work on lower firmware, like 3.1e or do i have to update to 3.3 to run this fine software.

If so, is there a way to manually update to 3.3?

WiiShizzza

Graphics juggler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Dear Guru
wink.gif
Great Job, as I mentioned in the other thread. Also I'm still drunk and got a headache^^ So I will start full testing 2morrow.
Oh, as U took my old logo for the Loader, I noticed, that it's cropped on top with the loader. I assume the aspect ratio of loader 0.3 isn't quite right... I'm on SONY PAL TV 480p with composite cable. So if you need any graphics, any sizes just tell me.

Thanks again. see you 2morrow with results.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So? can I have the instalation without uninstall my cIOS_fix, no one has answered this, for the assholes with an updated Wii (including me of course), by the way also drunk and with awesome hangover^^^^... shit I shouldn't mix beer with tequila, Damm..!!

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ether2802 said:
So? can I have the instalation without uninstall my cIOS_fix, no one has answered this, for the assholes with an updated Wii (including me of course), by the way also drunk and with awesome hangover^^^^... shit I shouldn't mix beer with tequila, Damm..!!

Someone posted on the issues and answers thread that you can load both loaders with no issues so i assume you can load the new one over the old one with no problems.

Posts merged

QUOTE(WiiShizzza @ Oct 26 2008, 05:14 PM) Dear Guru
wink.gif
Great Job, as I mentioned in the other thread. Also I'm still drunk and got a headache^^ So I will start full testing 2morrow.
Oh, as U took my old logo for the Loader, I noticed, that it's cropped on top with the loader. I assume the aspect ratio of loader 0.3 isn't quite right... I'm on SONY PAL TV 480p with composite cable. So if you need any graphics, any sizes just tell me.

Thanks again. see you 2morrow with results.

I noticed the logo as well WiiShizzza and was very impressed - well done !

Dr.Tenma

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Good job !
However, i have question, why don't you load backups from SD card instead of from DVDs ?
Thank's in advance
smile.gif

TyrianCubed

Gamer 1989 to present
Trophies
Website
www.gamescollection.it
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks Wiigator, you and Wanikoko are both awesome!
And this is just a beta, I bet the final version will be even better!
thanks for your job, you're making everyone happy here
smile.gif

WiiShizzza

Graphics juggler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ether2802 said:

If you have your cIOS_fix installed, U absolutly can install the new cIOS and the loader.
Without the cIOS and update you're screwed.

Dr. Tenma said:
Good job !
However, i have question, why don't you load backups from SD card instead of from DVDs ?
Thank's in advance smile.gif

How? I think this is not possible now... Maybe in one of the next versions. Maybe then we also can load ISOS from external HDD or USB...

djtaz said:
Someone posted on the issues and answers thread that you can load both loaders with no issues so i assume you can load the new one over the old one with no problems.

WiiGator has posted it somewhere around here... Tt's not possible without modifying the source.
But should be possible when 2 cios are installed and the loader 0.1 is forced to use an exclusive cIOS.
Maybe PPC_GBA can have a look, I also want to use both loaders parallel, this would push the capabilities a bit.
But I guess I never be a coder... I'll stay a designer.
wink.gif

djtaz
I noticed the logo as well WiiShizzza and was very impressed - well done !

Thank you. Well, If WiiGator had told me he would use it with the loader, I possibly would have done something better, or better matching.
btw, did you notice, that the logo is cropped on top? Well at least it's on my PAL TV on 480p

--=ZerO=--

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Dr.Tenma said:
Good job !
Thank's in advance
smile.gif

Normaly Wii doesn't Support SD Cards bigger than 2GB... A Wii ISO is 4,37GB
We might see this in future. The new Homebrew Channel has SDHC Support so
it seems to be possible.

WiiShizzza said:
djtazSomeone posted on the issues and answers thread that you can load both loaders with no issues so i assume you can load the new one over the old one with no problems.

As WiiGator posted in his blog, it's not possible without modifying the source.
But should be done when 2 cios are installed and the loader 0.1 is forced to use an exclusive cIOS

Yeah, i see. Waninkokos leaked 0.1 doesn't work anymore, too.
frown.gif

Dr.Tenma

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Mmm...What's SD card rate speed ?
Because if you plan to use and HDD or USB, 2.0 driver should be re-writen...and as i understood, it's hard.
Also, it's already possible to use SD cards bigger than 2GB, here you can find a how-to.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Dr.Tenma said:
Also, it's already possible to use SD cards bigger than 2GB, here you can find a how-to.
The new HB channel also supports bigger than 2 Gig i believe , but havent tested

WizardDani

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mmmmmmmmm

When using the cIOS installer when it finishes downloading I get "returned -1", and my wii is 3.3 not 3.4.............

So, having read what I've read, I'm terribly afraid of uninstalling the ios249...............

I must say that my wii did a minor update (through internet options, cause my wii wasn't able to connect to the internet that day, so when I fixed it, it detected a parental control update...). That update didn't change my wii version (still 3.3E), and nothing said about 'wii shop', only parental control stuff....

Did this update screwed it? Or I'm exagerating and I can safely uninstall 249 to install the new one?

Help pls... thanks
wink.gif

Dani

--=ZerO=--

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
WizardDani said:
Mmmmmmmmm

When using the cIOS installer when it finishes downloading I get "returned -1", and my wii is 3.3 not 3.4.............

So, having read what I've read, I'm terribly afraid of uninstalling the ios249...............

I must say that my wii did a minor update (through internet options, cause my wii wasn't able to connect to the internet that day, so when I fixed it, it detected a parental control update...). That update didn't change my wii version (still 3.3E), and nothing said about 'wii shop', only parental control stuff....

Did this update screwed it? Or I'm exagerating and I can safely uninstall 249 to install the new one?

Help pls... thanks
wink.gif

Dani

Just try to enter the Shop Channel... If u can enter then u got the bad update installed already...

WizardDani

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
--=ZerO=-- said:
WizardDani said:
Mmmmmmmmm

Help pls... thanks ;)

Dani

Just try to enter the Shop Channel... If u can enter then u got the bad update installed already...

Yes, I can enter, but how can that be if my wii version is still 3.3E and not 3.4E? Or the 3.4 update is another thing apart... Could it be regional? I live in Spain.. and one friend of mine in Germany hasn't received that shop update either... Please correct me
biggrin.gif

Oh and thanks for the help ;)

sadcrag

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the new update is still 3.3 not 3.4 there is no 3.4 yet the new update stayed 3.3 if you can get into the shop channel then you updated if you cant then you haven't its that simple.

WiiGator

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I think it is possible to use with 3.1e.

@WizardDani
Someone had the same problem. It seems to happen when you have Wii Connect 24 actived. You should disable it. Don't uninstall cIOS. You should try to downgrade by using the tools from Waninkoko. You will need the old IOS versions. Homebrew uses IOS35, so the installation will work when you install an old IOS35. See http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Wii_System_Updates for more details.

DaRk_ViVi

Sending you back... to the future!
Trophies
Website
www.darkvivi.it
XP
Country
Italy
A small question for WiiGator (sorry if it was already asked): if i try to load a NTSC-USA game with the loader the game works but the screen is all with a red color.
I know this is a common problem with the RGB cable but i would like to know if it was fixed somehow (maybe with some options activated).
smile.gif

WiiGator

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
DaRk_ViVi said:
A small question for WiiGator (sorry if it was already asked): if i try to load a NTSC-USA game with the loader the game works but the screen is all with a red color.
I know this is a common problem with the RGB cable but i would like to know if it was fixed somehow (maybe with some options activated).
smile.gif

I know this problem only from PS2. Did you try different settings, there are 2 ways to force PAL.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/LZ_NvaV5HGE?si=p4H94YGObqOeX23X this brought me joy +2