1. keleco

OP keleco Member
    Newcomer

France
    Hello everyone,

I ask myself a question and I do not see what to use the "backup" that can be done in the supercard by opening the menu L + R + Start.

While in the pokemon game (for example), we will be able to save).

I dont make any backup in supercard (ust in te game" and in sd caft, i havesome files .sav.

What are the difference? Moreover, what is "real-time saving" ?

A lot of questions i find it a little difficult to understand.

Thank you;

K.

Last edited by keleco, Apr 7, 2020
  2. emcintosh

emcintosh On the internet, everyone knows I'm a cat

United Kingdom
    The real time save function of the L+R+S menu takes a copy of the state of the game at that moment. You can save this at any time, even when the game won’t let you save normally (e.g. during a battle, so you can reload if you knock out rather than weaken a Pokémon you want to catch).

However, you can only use the save state with the Supercard (DSTwo) - the button next to the save one will let you load. Whereas the saves created normally by the game can be moved to a genuine cartridge or an emulator on a computer. Also sometimes the save state doesn’t load correctly, and the game will crash or show graphical glitches (status bars or backgrounds missing), and you will have to load your previous normal save.

3. keleco

OP keleco Member
    Newcomer

France
    [QUOTE = "emcintosh, post: 9004825, member: 407491"] La fonction de sauvegarde en temps réel du menu L + R + S prend une copie de l'état du jeu à ce moment. Vous pouvez le sauvegarder à tout moment, même lorsque le jeu ne vous permet pas de sauvegarder normalement (par exemple pendant une bataille, vous pouvez donc recharger si vous assommez plutôt que d'affaiblir un Pokémon que vous voulez attraper).

Cependant, vous ne pouvez utiliser l'état d'enregistrement qu'avec la Supercard (DSTwo) - le bouton à côté de l'enregistrement vous permettra de charger. Alors que les sauvegardes créées normalement par le jeu peuvent être déplacées vers une véritable cartouche ou un émulateur sur un ordinateur. Parfois, l'état de sauvegarde ne se charge pas correctement et le jeu se bloque ou affiche des problèmes graphiques (barres d'état ou arrière-plans manquants) et vous devrez charger votre sauvegarde normale précédente. [/ QUOTE]

---

Hi @emcintosh you rock man :)

Thanks a lot for your answer.

So for you, what is the best ? Backup directly with a game or by supercard dstwo ?

When you say that the backup don't charge correctly it's with backup by supercard or directly on a game ?

@Indy13 peut être une idée ? :)

Thanks for yours answer guys !

Last edited by keleco, Apr 7, 2020
  4. keleco

OP keleco Member
    Newcomer

France
    for everybody, @emcintosh answer me in PM :
    "I use both types of save - the game's normal saving is more reliable (does not crash on loading) for normal use, but the Supercard save states are useful for specific situations e.g. experimentation (keeping progress where there are two choices and I can have a save state for each - I think there are eight spaces for save states for each game), convenience (saving anywhere in games with specific save spots) and overcoming challenges (saving before a difficult fight or between multiple difficult platforming jumps), but with the small risk of crashing when saving or loading."

End of this topic :)

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Difference, Supercard, Backup