Oornagootan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
Hello
I recently updated my ps4 pro from 6.72 to 9.00, so i deleted all of my backported games and installed the original ones because i didn't need them anymore and immediately noticed massive performance boost in A LOT of the games

For example AC Valhalla was running 20-25 fps the whole time now its solid 30, Crysis 2 and 3 both running at 15 fps now rock solid 30, same thing with Kena Bridge of Spirits, big frame drops in combat but now no issues
Immortals Fenyx Rising is another good example, 20 fps before and now solid 30
some games even look better, Far Cry 6 for example looks alot sharper now
I also remember on 5.05 Rage 2 had big frame drops but when I updated to 6.72 it got much better

I always thought the games weren't optimized but nope, it was the backports
I said all of this to let you know if you're experiencing performance issues in some backported it's most likely due to backport not the console or the game (on ps4 pro, don't know about base ps4)

Cheers!

KuntilanakMerah

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
good for you but i'm not tempted to upgrade my 5.05 slim because of that, there's a lot performance boost if you replace your hard drive with ssd

Reactions: Mo Poge

viper3344

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That doesn’t make much sense. I think it prob has more to do with the face that you are on a higher FW. Try this. Install the backported version on your new 9.0fw. They will still work even though they are back ported. See if you get your old fps. If not you know it was the FW

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol looks about as fun as a root canal