Backing Up Vista on a DVD

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Tanmay, Jul 27, 2009.

Jul 27, 2009

Backing Up Vista on a DVD by Tanmay at 9:45 PM (548 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Tanmay
    OP

Banned Tanmay Banned

United States
    Hey guys!! I have a laptop w/ windows vista home premium!! I wanted to know if anyone knew how to backup the whole operating system on a DVD or a jump drive!~

2. IchigoK2031

Member IchigoK2031 Wannabe Shirow Miwa...

United States
    Check the box the your computer came in it should have a disc with the OS on it. It won't look like a traditional disc but it will have the OS(in your case Vista: Home Premium) written on it. If not, either go find it on the bay of thieves or little green monster. OR call HP, and see if you can get a copy(I've heard some people have done this when they don't recieve a copy).

3. Tanmay
    OP

Banned Tanmay Banned

United States
    No... I didn't get the disc... But the thing is, I want to make my OWN backup on a USB or CD D: It's better w/ your own... Don't ask why XD

4. IchigoK2031

Member IchigoK2031 Wannabe Shirow Miwa...

United States
    I don't know I'm sure you can find ur OS on little green monster or bay of thieves then burn it; but make sure u still have a key or get a product key. I personally enjoy Win 7 though. [​IMG]

5. Elritha

Member Elritha GBAtemp Addict

Canada
    If you don't have an install disk for windows, you could have a hidden partition on your drive that has it. You should check and see.

Otherwise you either have to make an image of your drive and restore that, or find an install disk by using other means.