ROM Hack Backing up US HeartGold/SoulSilver save data through software

Cyber Akuma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I understand, no current software/homebrew based methods work, the only current way to backup HG/SS saves from a US cart is with a NDS Backup Adapter Plus or to solder wires onto the DS cart.

I don't want to mess up my cart, because I have failed every soldering attempt I ever tried in the past even with large solder points, and I am kinda tight for cash right now, not to mention that I have purchased over 50 DS games over the years and other then HG, EVERY SINGLE one of them dumped the sav and rom just fine with Rudolphs 3in1 and my CycloDS Evo/EZ 3in1 Slot2, so I don't want to spend $30 just to use it on my HG cart for save data.

Right now, as far as I know, none of the backup tools will be able to dump my savedata from HG, but does anybody know if any of the homebrew tools are being updated or worked on to support HG? Or if this is even possible with a software update? From what I understand, Rudolph hasen't updated his tools in a very long time, does he even still work on them?

Thanks

gameguy95

Needs More Furries!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Cyber Akuma said:
From what I understand, no current software/homebrew based methods work, the only current way to backup HG/SS saves from a US cart is with a NDS Backup Adapter Plus or to solder wires onto the DS cart.

I don't want to mess up my cart, because I have failed every soldering attempt I ever tried in the past even with large solder points, and I am kinda tight for cash right now, not to mention that I have purchased over 50 DS games over the years and other then HG, EVERY SINGLE one of them dumped the sav and rom just fine with Rudolphs 3in1 and my CycloDS Evo/EZ 3in1 Slot2, so I don't want to spend $30 just to use it on my HG cart for save data.

Right now, as far as I know, none of the backup tools will be able to dump my savedata from HG, but does anybody know if any of the homebrew tools are being updated or worked on to support HG? Or if this is even possible with a software update? From what I understand, Rudolph hasen't updated his tools in a very long time, does he even still work on them?

Thanks
it is most likely possible but it does not work yet

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Cyber Akuma said:
Poryhack said:
No. You'll probably hear about it if and when there is.

Where? I am kind of out of touch on which sites are good ones to check for emulation or ds hacking news.

um...here? Seriously. this is where I get all my news.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: It's very sad and a poignant example of why preservation is so important.