Newcomer
Trophies
Website
darksun45230.deviantart.com
XP
Country
United States
WiiBricker said:
Since many Newbies are confused which cIOS they should install, especially what base IOS they should use for both, Hermes and Waninkokos cIOS, I decided to make a declaration . All Newbies should stop asking same questions again and again and do exactly what I am saying here.

The goal is to install following IOS(cIOS):

IOS202[60]-v65535 (v5 of Hermes cIOS) = USB2.0 for MPlayer, WiiXplorer and stuff
IOS222[38]-v65535 (v5 of Hermes cIOS) = Stable IOS with the ability to install Wads
IOS223[37]-v65535 (v5 of Hermes cIOS) = For use with Music Games with USB devices like Rock Band, Guitar Hero...
IOS224[57]-v65535 (v5 of Hermes cIOS) = Better speed for USB loading. However, some Games might not work

IOS249[57]-v19 (rev19 of Waninkokos cIOS) = Recommend by Waninkoko. Improves speed for USB loading. However, some Games might not work.
IOS250[38]-v65535 (rev19 of Waninkokos cIOS) = Stable IOS with the ability to install Wads

What do we need?
- Hermes cIOS Installer v5
- Waninkokos cIOS Installer rev19
- BlueDump Alpha 3
- Wad Manager
- AnyTitle Deleter Mod

If you dont have installed any cIOS yet, follow any hacking guide to trucha patch your IOS36.

We are going to install Waninkokos cIOS first.

1) Launch cIOSX Installer rev19 via the Homebrew Channel
2) Choose IOS249 (or your trucha patched IOS36 if you dont have any cIOS installed yet)
3) The Installer will ask you what base IOS you would like to choose. Choose IOS57 and let the Installer finish the job. If you dont have a Internet Connection, download a IOS57-64-v5661.wad via NUS Downloader and put it in the Root directory of your SD Card.

4) Now launch BlueDump Alpha3 via the Homebrew Channel
5) Go and find IOS249 in the System Titles and pack it to a Wad

Edit: I was attempting to back it up into Save Data not pack it into a Wad. The problem now is I get an Exception (DSI) Occurred message followed by a code dump. Different problem, same crap. Anyone help? Please?

Edit: Additional specs, Wii Ver. 4.1U, using 8 GB USB for data (Comp won't acknowledge SD)

darksun45230

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Not sure, it's been awhile since I did this.

Homebrew Channel says IOS61 when I press Home. While Neogamma says IOS249. And Preloader says IOS v60... If those aren't right cIOS, then how do I check?

EDIT: After installing Title Lister it says I have IOS60.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
lol, what version of cIOS249 do u have installed? It should work as long as its not a stub IOS... and since u r on 4.1 and not 4.2, i'm assuming u dont have stubs... so not sure whats going on... maybe its the rev of cIOS249 u have installed, but bluedump should work with any rev... but who knows...

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
U should be able to reinstall it (it should overwrite whatever u have now)

if the install fails, then it is safe to delete IOS249 using any title deleter (or even dop-mii) then retry installing it.

IOS249 is not used in any normal function of the wii. So it doesn't matter if u delete 249, or install a fucked version of 249, u cannot brick from anything u do to IOS slot 249

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
r u using the fakesigning version?

Be sure to use the non-fakesigning version... in theory it shouldn't make a difference what version u use, but I've always used the non-fakesigning version to pack cIOS wads (since they're already fakesigned) and its always worked fine.

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I will be shocked if that is the issue... I used blue dump to dump a wad of cios249v19 with base 57... so obviously to do that I had to have it installed and working on bluedump (I can't remember if I used version 2 or 3 at the time though)

edit: u edited your post, and now mine doesn't make sense! jeez!
tongue.gif

darksun45230

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
r u using the fakesigning version?

Be sure to use the non-fakesigning version... in theory it shouldn't make a difference what version u use, but I've always used the non-fakesigning version to pack cIOS wads (since they're already fakesigned) and its always worked fine.

I used both, same result.

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I was under the impression only cIOS249 was required to use bluedump... if u can confirm your cios249 is working in other apps (maybe test a usb loader using cIOS249), then maybe you should bring this bug to nicksassa's attention as I can't think of any other reason why its not working for you.

in the meantime, if u MUST pack a wad, just dump your nand, and pack whatever u want into a wad using showmiiwads... I know its not a solution to ur problem... but its the best I can do.

good luck!

edit: have u been trying to pack the same wad each time? Try packing a different wad/cIOS to see if that makes a difference.

brollyssj82000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I have a problem with BlueDump Alpha 3 too. I hit 1 at sistem titles, then select backup to wad and hit A and then is sais This is not a title. Please use the savedata function. I tried that to but it gives me the same message.
Anyone know why? I just want to install ciosx rev19 with 2 bases.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1