sonic209

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
well i have this game gta san andreas and i wanted to know how can i back it up to a dvd-r.i have many programs like isobuster magiciso and alcohol 120%

kaotic_azn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
mate the best way imo anyway is too use a program called dvd decrypter since you can copy into iso and burn iso image files. if you need help in using it then send me a pm

sonic209

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
alright i know how to back them up now but 1 of them doesnt back up and its san andreas(there is no copy protection on it)it always stops at around 80% on just about every dvd ripping program

kaotic_azn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
that's interesting mate. have you tried cleaning the disc before you burn it. if worse comes to worse then it may be torrent but thats really the last resort

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
It doesn't just stop. That means that either the disc is dirty, or scratched, or something. But if several programs failed, put 2 and 2 together there.

Also, off topic, but it's been told to you several times NOT to double post. It's against the GBAtemp rules.

kaotic_azn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Are you ripping the original version of the game or the second version without the hot coffee stuff in it. Actually come to think of it i might have had some problems ripping this game as well.

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
u should be able to copy it with any program that can handle dvd but it sounds like your disc is bad so you might want to go rent one or use some other means to acquire another copy. such as well I mean...easiest thing to do would be download it from the internet lol.

Kyusuke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
When you copy SA using whatever (Alcohol, DVDDecrypter etc...) and it stops at 80%, does the log show read errors? If it does, then it's because the disc is faulty (from scratches or otherwise) hence why it doesn't rip nor work.

Note: GTA SA is single layer, around 4.19GB according to a site (too lazy to check mine).

Indicible

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I had about the same problem with Super Robot Taisen OG Gaiden, but I got the explanation: if your computer hard drive is not in NTFS it can't support files bigger than 4 GB...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end