Backing Up PS2 Games

Discussion in 'Sony PlayStation 1 & 2' started by sonic209, Jan 13, 2008.

Jan 13, 2008

Backing Up PS2 Games by sonic209 at 5:06 AM (1,411 Views / 0 Likes) 12 replies

1. sonic209
    OP

Member sonic209 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    well i have this game gta san andreas and i wanted to know how can i back it up to a dvd-r.i have many programs like isobuster magiciso and alcohol 120%

2. sonic209
    OP

United States
    can anybody give me a link to the swapmagic v3.8 elf file please

3. kaotic_azn

Newcomer kaotic_azn Member

Australia
    mate the best way imo anyway is too use a program called dvd decrypter since you can copy into iso and burn iso image files. if you need help in using it then send me a pm

4. sonic209
    OP

United States
    alright i know how to back them up now but 1 of them doesnt back up and its san andreas(there is no copy protection on it)it always stops at around 80% on just about every dvd ripping program

5. kaotic_azn

Australia
    that's interesting mate. have you tried cleaning the disc before you burn it. if worse comes to worse then it may be torrent but thats really the last resort

6. War

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    It doesn't just stop. That means that either the disc is dirty, or scratched, or something. But if several programs failed, put 2 and 2 together there.

Also, off topic, but it's been told to you several times NOT to double post. It's against the GBAtemp rules.

7. JimmyJangles

Newcomer JimmyJangles Advanced Member

United States
    nvm. thought San Andreas was a dual layer game, but now I'm not so sure. Don't know what the problem could be with ripping the game.

8. kaotic_azn

Australia
    Are you ripping the original version of the game or the second version without the hot coffee stuff in it. Actually come to think of it i might have had some problems ripping this game as well.

9. sonic209
    OP

United States
    well my san andreas doesnt work but i didnt know that just because it doesnt work that it wont rip

10. amptor

Banned amptor Banned

United States
    u should be able to copy it with any program that can handle dvd but it sounds like your disc is bad so you might want to go rent one or use some other means to acquire another copy. such as well I mean...easiest thing to do would be download it from the internet lol.

11. Kyusuke

Newcomer Kyusuke Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    When you copy SA using whatever (Alcohol, DVDDecrypter etc...) and it stops at 80%, does the log show read errors? If it does, then it's because the disc is faulty (from scratches or otherwise) hence why it doesn't rip nor work.

Note: GTA SA is single layer, around 4.19GB according to a site (too lazy to check mine).

12. Indicible

Newcomer Indicible Member

Germany
    I had about the same problem with Super Robot Taisen OG Gaiden, but I got the explanation: if your computer hard drive is not in NTFS it can't support files bigger than 4 GB...

13. jalaneme

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom
    you can't boot a backup of a backup, you need the original swap magic disc before you can play anything