Hacking Question backing up my firmware

Darksabre72

Blue Falcon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if i rcm my switch and backup my firmware would i get banned. sorry if this is a stupid question i really wanted to backup my 6.2 firmware before i update my switch.

Darksabre72

Blue Falcon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to prevent a ban than keep your console offline and restore a clean nand backup if you want to go online again.
ok so the best bet is to go offline, use the program, backup my nand, then restore my nand, and to clear my logs with the program then im good... thanks for that

Last edited by Darksabre72,

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
ok so the best bet is to go offline, use the program, backup my nand, then restore my nand, and to clear my logs with the program then im good... thanks for that
Never clear your logs, that's a known ban trigger. Also if you only run hekate and not CFW (like Atmosphere or SX OS) the risk is pretty low if not even zero since you never booted in CFW.

Reactions: Darksabre72

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also you will need to enable autorcm if you want to restore your nand later and dont update officially. Use choidejornx

Reactions: Darksabre72

Darksabre72

Blue Falcon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never clear your logs, that's a known ban trigger. Also if you only run hekate and not CFW (like Atmosphere or SX OS) the risk is pretty low if not even zero since you never booted in CFW.
Also you will need to enable autorcm if you want to restore your nand later and dont update officially. Use choidejornx
thanks guys but sadly i am not doing cfw (i have already updated) i am backing up my nand in case i get another switch to cfw or wait for proper emunand. i was using not a homebrew application, but hekate which i learned it's impossible for nintendo to ban you. whenever i get a second switch i will keep this in mind again thanks.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then there is no reason to have a nand backup. You cant simply downgrade the firmware later if you update it using OFW. You will have burnt fuses preventing you from ever downgrading to vanilla untouched OFW. You will have to use a custom boot loader every boot if your fuse count doesnt match

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ironic this was posted today lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think the tv series has boasted play of, I did see they said playing of it Is up, way more than norm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing the next gen version on Series X all day, I love it. :wub:
    +1
    Downloading some random stuff, damn almost 400GBs in like 4 hours lol
    Gonna be over 1TB this month.... damn lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    At least you have some fast speeds. What a drag that used to be, I remb downloading 1 pic back in the day, and seeing line by line show
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download, good ole AOL. Of course that's before most you guys even were born yet.
    Lol I think my first modem was 48K but it had some sort of firmware or software update that let me get 56K
    +1
    I had EarthLink lol
    A bunch of NetZero accounts that I used for things... Lol
    +1
    So glad I'm not in prison lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea marriage is a bitch sometimes...
    I legit think they passed the cyber terrorism laws from some of my hmm pranks lol
    I knocked the east coast backbone of EarthLink offline for like 6 hours one time, was on the news and everything well I mean I wasn't on the news.... Just they where having "technical difficulties" lol
    +1
    Was just one single custom packet. I miss when Internet security was an afterthought lol almost all modems and network hardware operated in promiscuous mode.
    Now these days they do sanity checks.... The source IP can't also be the destination IP lol
    They did end up using some of my stuff in the first Gulf war though lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    GUYS I JUST COMMENTED A YOUR MOM JOKE ON A GACHA YT COMMUNITY POST (the algorithm has cursed me in terms of community posts, bc I fuck around on that sort of community post, just commenting and being a jackass)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IT FELT SO GOOD
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    the OP made a couple vocaloid characters, and the post had the caption "Guess who I did 💙💛❤️

hint: they're from vocaloid"
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    to which I responded:
    "Guess who I did 💙💛❤️

hint: it's uremum"
    +1
    I studied IPV6 if they hadn't passed the cyber terrorism laws omg.... In theory I have some awesome pranks but I'm afraid to test them lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I studied IPV6 if they hadn't passed the cyber terrorism laws omg.... In theory I have some...