Backing up my DLC through FTP?

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by synce, Jan 30, 2011.

Jan 30, 2011

Backing up my DLC through FTP? by synce at 3:49 PM (651 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. synce
    OP

Member synce だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん

United States
    I redownloaded all my DLC right before 3.56 hit and I'd like to transfer it to another hard drive so I can delete it from my PS3's for now. Where's it located? And will it be recognized by my PS3 when I transfer it back?

2. JonthanD

Member JonthanD GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Yes you can back up your DLC and yes it will be recognized by your PS3, as a side note it will work on any PS3.

They are just .pkg files.

They are stored in some odd location though and I can't remember or find where off the top of my head. I do know that they will be named some weird 00101010-4567677.pkg though.... If you can remember how big they where that would help. (and once you get them on a PC you can rename them with no ill effects.)

I would post some links to some sites but with all the legal jizz Sony has been shooting, its probably best to wait for the dust to settle before I post links.... lol

Edit: I was half awake but, they will work on any PS3 as long as you hex edit out the check... lol

3. xraven13

Member xraven13 GBAtemp Regular

Croatia
    What you mean it will be recognized by any PS3 ? This would mean that DLC can be pirated.. I think that is not possible right now...