Backing Up EEPROM Saves.

Discussion in 'GBA - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by grape_garden, Jan 1, 2017.

1. grape_garden
    OP

grape_garden GBAtemp Regular

Sep 22, 2008
    United States
    Hi all.

I always have issues trying to backup EEPROM saves from my original GBA cartridges. Once upon a time I had figured it out, but I suffered a catastrophic loss to most of my backups and I can't remember my former methods. I cannot figure out how I backed up my EEPROM saves. Namely, Link to the Past, Minish Cap and Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga. I have been using Rudolph's GBA Backup Tool v.21 on a Supercard DSTwo, which should work. I did it before. I can do it again. I just need some help figuring out how I did it.

Thank you for any help offered.

2. Meteor7

Meteor7 Guess where this thumb goes.

pip Contributor
    Jun 9, 2014
    United States
    New Jersey
    You got me, mate. I use the same equipment and it was my understanding that backing up/restoring EEPROM saves wasn't possible with it.

3. grape_garden
    OP

grape_garden GBAtemp Regular

Sep 22, 2008
    United States
    Version 0.20 claimed to have added EEPROM support, as did v.21, but so far not a single game which utilizes EEPROM has been successfully backed up. Incidentally, I found an old backup of Mario and Luigi in an old directory, so I now have proof that I did it for at least one game, once upon a time. I really want that Minish Cap save, though.