Hacking Backing up DLC to USB

Peninsula

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have SSB on disc and bought some dlc for it. I backed up my disc and installed it to a usb drive, however none of my DLC is there. Does anyone know how I can transfer my dlc so that it can be played when I play my game off USB?

TheTechGenius

</Web Dev>
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have SSB on disc and bought some dlc for it. I backed up my disc and installed it to a usb drive, however none of my DLC is there. Does anyone know how I can transfer my dlc so that it can be played when I play my game off USB?

I think the Game must be on the same drive as the DLC, for the DLC to work. Can't you just go into Storage Management and transfer the DLC to USB? Im not sure how that works with the WiiU, I never had to transfer anything between drives before, other then the WiiU Nand and SD Card. But im not 100% sure that will even work, thats just my best guess. So I could be wrong, but you should still try it if you can.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure that dlc and the game have to be on the same drive. games should be located here if using usb:

Code:
usb01/usr/title/00050000/title id

replace 00050000 with 0005000c for dlc . it's also possible that you're missing an update which is in the 0005000e folder.

Peninsula

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure that dlc and the game have to be on the same drive. games should be located here if using usb:

Code:
usb01/usr/title/00050000/title id

replace 00050000 with 0005000c for dlc . it's also possible that you're missing an update which is in the 0005000e folder.

It didn't work for me. Inside the title id folder there were 4 folders: code, content, link, and meta. I can't copy the link because it keeps giving me a 'failed to retrieve directory listing' for each of its sub folders. I tried copying the other 3 to usb, but I'm still missing the dlc. Any idea what the issue might be?

EDIT: I got it working by just redownloading it from the eshop.

Last edited by Peninsula,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never heard of the link folder. the other 3 are usually present with every game. and, I think there's also a sys folder for system updates.

Peninsula

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never heard of the link folder. the other 3 are usually present with every game. and, I think there's also a sys folder for system updates.
The subfolder layout looked identical to content, though I couldn't look inside any of the subfolders. All my dlc for all my games had it in their title id folder. I also couldn't find anything about it online so yeah I dunno.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm back