Backing up DLC to .cia?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Gorkensnorkel, Dec 30, 2016.

1. Gorkensnorkel
    OP

Gorkensnorkel GBAtemp Regular

Aug 3, 2015
    United States
    Is there a way to convert DLC that has been purchased to a .cia that I can install later (in the case that I one day have issues with my eshop account)?I see some people have had issues recovering their account after formatting and such, should I be worried about this?

2. Ericjwg

Ericjwg Good

Jul 2, 2015
    Canada
    yes.

3. Gorkensnorkel
    OP

Aug 3, 2015
    United States
    Is it done with a CFW app I might already have installed? I installed A9LH and Luma (as per the guide). Can I use HourGlass9 or something to do it? If so, are there any guides or tutorials for this?

4. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    Use Decrypt9.

1) Open FBI, go to Titles, and find the DLC for the game in which you want to turn into a CIA.
    2) Make note of the title ID for that DLC.
    3) Make a folder inside of your files9 folder called D9Game. Download the latest release of Decrypt9 by d0k3, move the Decrypt9.bin to your luma/payloads folder, and rename it to up_Decrypt9.bin. (if you have a payload assigned to up, assign it to another button).
    4) Open Decrypt9 on boot by pressing and holding that button and powering on your system.
    5) Go to Content Decryptor Options -> CIA Builder Options -> select either CIA Builder (SysNAND/orig.) or CIA Builder (SysNAND/decr.). It does not matter.
    6) Use the arrow keys and the A button to find the title ID of the DLC you wanted.
    7) Press A after finding the correct title ID and let it make the CIA.
    8) You can find the generated CIA in your D9Game folder.

emuashui likes this.
  5. Gorkensnorkel
    OP

Aug 3, 2015
    United States
    Thanks again, you're a real hero! But yeah, I am just thinking ahead, it's better to back everything up rather than have an accident and lose stuff I paid for.