Hacking Back-up Games in B&W

spritefreak

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have burnt some bavkup games for my hacked Wii and I use the Gamma Backup Loader. I never have to force anything in order to play the game, whether the game is NTSC or PAL. I burnt my brother some games, and when we try to play the games that work on my Wii, they come out black & white on his system. Is there something that he should be doing differently? I will say that some games work fine and come in color, but some are in b&w.

I will also tell you that I have an HD LCD TV while my brother has a projection TV. However, we both are using the audio/visual cables that came with the Wii.

Please help!!

Robotic Earthlin

Trophies
XP
Country
You're going to have to force NTSC or PAL, whichever region you're in. Depending on the TV, that's what happens when you play a game from a different region.

spritefreak

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, but on my TV I don't have to force anything, whether it is PAL or NTSC. I just pop the game in and play. Why would it be different with my brother's Wii?

Robotic Earthlin

Trophies
XP
Country
Whether or not PAL/NTSC games display properly (without forcing anything) depends on the TV, not the Wii. If he were to try one of those games with his Wii on your TV then it would probably work fine. Just force the video mode for games on his TV and all the games should display properly. The same thing happens to me.

spritefreak

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I force PAL, there is two seperate option within the Gamma Loader...PAL50 and PAL60 I believe. What is the difference? And once I force a particular option, do I then start the game through the Gamma loader channel or through the disc channel?

powaking

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PAL60 just means it displays in PAL resolution but refreshes the screen at 60hz (which is what US TVs refresh at). If you select PAL50 then the display will refresh at 50hz but the TV can't handle this so this is when the screen will do the endless scrolling. Its probably also why you are seeing it in B&W. Just select Force NTSC and it will work fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: hmm