OP
Trophies
Website
www.wix.com
XP
Country
United States
1/15/11: The demo is now available: Download Here
It's still rough around the edges for sure, but the engine works. Be sure to check out the controls in the description, but they should be pretty self explanatory. They are, however, different from the video. I hope you enjoy it!
yaynds.gif

"Back From Ashes" is a sequel to my first homebrew game "The Fifteenth Floor" (available here)

It is a direct sequel with a more concentrated focus on story and plot. If you haven't played the first, don't worry. The sequel brings players up to speed. The game uses pre-rendered 3D graphics and features crisper sprites, animated characters, and a easy to understand UI.

One year after the events of The Fifteenth Floor, Jacob spends most of his days brooding in his own apartment; constantly worrying when Lennon will make his next move. When a mysterious package shows up at his door, he will have to follow the clues around his town to save the life of a friend.

Here's a low quality preview of the WIP:

tombot

OP
Trophies
Website
www.wix.com
XP
Country
United States
Waflix said:
Wow, it really looks good. Any release date planned yet?

Hopefully by the end of February it should be finished. I can't say I'm 100% sure yet. I want to make sure it is longer and has more gameplay value than the first game. Maybe a demo this week?

Thanks guys!

Waflix

El Psy Congroo
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
tombot said:
Waflix said:

Hopefully by the end of February it should be finished. I can't say I'm 100% sure yet. I want to make sure it is longer and has more gameplay value than the first game. Maybe a demo this week?

Thanks guys!

Yay!
If the game or the demo is released, will you post to this topic? Or do you edit it then?

tombot

OP
Trophies
Website
www.wix.com
XP
Country
United States
Waflix said:
tombot said:
Waflix said:

Thanks guys!

Yay!
If the game or the demo is released, will you post to this topic? Or do you edit it then?

I'll post to this topic once I have a good demo ready, and I'll edit my first post on this topic so it will be easy to find.
yaynds.gif

tombot

OP
Trophies
Website
www.wix.com
XP
Country
United States
Just put the demo out for anyone who wants to check that out. Looks at my first post for all the deets.

It's still a tad rough, but I think it's at least stable enough for most people to enjoy it. (And I hope you do!)
yaynds.gif

Waflix

El Psy Congroo
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I just downloaded it, and put in on my Micro-SD card, but it didn't load...
Probably the fault of my card, because there are a lot of games that have this problem...

tombot

OP
Trophies
Website
www.wix.com
XP
Country
United States
Waflix said:
Probably the fault of my card, because there are a lot of games that have this problem...

Yikes. I was testing it on an Acekard 2i as well as the NO$GBA emulator. May I ask what card you use?

Waflix

El Psy Congroo
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
tombot said:
Waflix said:

Yikes. I was testing it on an Acekard 2i as well as the NO$GBA emulator. May I ask what card you use?

I use a M3i Zero, with Sakura.
But maybe it is not a common error. Because (as I said) it happens with a lot of games on my card.
I get the error of "Corrupt save file" a lot, the last time. So maybe it isn't a bug in your game. Maybe I downloaded a game with a virus in it, or something.

tombot

OP
Trophies
Website
www.wix.com
XP
Country
United States
Waflix said:
tombot said:
Waflix said:

I use a M3i Zero, with Sakura.
But maybe it is not a common error. Because (as I said) it happens with a lot of games on my card.
I get the error of "Corrupt save file" a lot, the last time. So maybe it isn't a bug in your game. Maybe I downloaded a game with a virus in it, or something.

Hopefully nothing reformatting your microsd card can't fix, then.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning