Hacking Back after 6 months, some questions

Chiqx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey there guys. I left my 2DS 6 months ago, now I want to play again. :)

Thing is, I am kinda outdated. I remember I followed a guide called "plakets guide" or something like that, plarekt, plairek, something like this. :D

I have a 2DS, it was on 10.7 when I bought it new, then I followed the guide and installed Luma, A9LH and FBI. Right now it is on 11.1 I checked.

Do I have to do something before I update the firmware to the latest or can I just do it? :) Thanks! :)

Another question: Is there a new Firmware for it, a better one? Did I miss something important in that time?^^

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there guys. I left my 2DS 6 months ago, now I want to play again. :)

Thing is, I am kinda outdated. I remember I followed a guide called "plakets guide" or something like that, plarekt, plairek, something like this. :D

I have a 2DS, it was on 10.7 when I bought it new, then I followed the guide and installed Luma, A9LH and FBI. Right now it is on 11.1 I checked.

Do I have to do something before I update the firmware to the latest or can I just do it? :) Thanks! :)

Another question: Is there a new Firmware for it, a better one? Did I miss something important in that time?^^
If you're on A9LH already and 11.1 I would suggest to go ahead and update to 11.4 and then go back to Plailect's guide and following this:https://3ds.guide/updating-to-boot9strap.

It's superior to A9LH, and the newest Luma update requires sighax to be installed, as will future updates. It's also impossible to patch, so you have nothing to lose.
EDIT: :ph34r:

Reactions: Chiqx

Chiqx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Quick question about the guide: the 13th step:
Press (X) on arm9loaderhax.bin to delete it
  • If you do not have this file, just proceed with the instructions

I have arm9loaderhax.bin in 0 SDCARD but not in 1 SYSNAND CTRNAND. So do I delete the one in SDCARD? Because they dont say in the guide to navigate back to 0 SDCARD so im not sure right now

Jhynjhiruu

Trophies
XP
Country
That's essentially the same as linking it directly, as it redirects to the actual site per your "search". It's your head though, not mine. :D
Technically it doesn't actually link to the site, it links to LMGTFY, which links to some plaintext of *it*.
Note to any mods - I'm happy for that message to be removed or to remove it, I know it's a little bit sketchy.
Edit - changed the link slightly

Last edited by Jhynjhiruu,
Reactions: Chiqx

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Technically it doesn't actually link to the site, it links to LMGTFY, which links to some plaintext of *it*.
Note to any mods - I'm happy for that message to be removed or to remove it, I know it's a little bit sketchy.
Edit - changed the link slightly
While you're not directly linking to it you're more or less giving an indirect link that directly leads someone to it. Please do not do that.

I've removed the link for now.

Jhynjhiruu

Trophies
XP
Country
While you're not directly linking to it you're more or less giving an indirect link that directly leads someone to it. Please do not do that.

I've removed the link for now.
I did change the link to be a Google search for it, is that allowed?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Bruh that's gray.