OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hi there,
I was wondering if it's possible to have B9S installed running an OFW firm. I ask because I don't want my spare 3DS' hacked, but still updated with the CFW window open. Is this possible?

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can stay on 11.3 or less so you can have a possibility to hack your 3ds, but you should install B9S. It has little to no chance of breaking your 3ds. Follow 3ds.guide. You can still update with Luma3ds.

Raugo

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Put the 11.4 native_firm as boot.firm on the root of the SD card. I didn't try it, but theoricaly that can work but don't protect the b9s.

Reactions: THYPLEX

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Your only real solution would be to modify the B9S source to work without the boot.firm. Which like someone already said, still leaves your B9S unsafe from hacks. If you want to have it, just hack your system and don't use it for anything hacking related. You don't have to install apps like FBI or anything.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you really want to do this, you would need something that protects the FIRM partitions, else updates can overwrite it. it's probably easier to just go with luma and avoid cia-format homebrew if you want to avoid bans.

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use a legacy build of Luma that doesn't contain Rosalina. Grab the newest build from here that has "legacy" as its branch. That will get you pretty close to stock. From there, just don't install CIAs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7